Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

How soon after birth did your symptoms go?

(22 Posts)
Nottalotta Wed 22-Jul-15 01:37:30

By symptoms I mean the realy glorious end of pregnancy ones that I am getting:

Horrendous heartburn that keeps me up at night
Swollen feet
Carpal tunnel - numb/painful hands
Snoring!
And dribbling!!! (seriously! Wtaf?!)

Im sure theres more. Oh and dpes it make a difference if its a c section?

Giraffeseyelashes Wed 22-Jul-15 02:09:00

I had all of those symptoms! The good news is that they disappear pretty much immediately. With dd2, I did have heartburn the day after birth but just once, with dd1 not at all. Not sure if c-section makes a difference with those things (I haven't had one) but I doubt it.

Fluffy24 Wed 22-Jul-15 02:32:48

Had ELCS and they disappeared immediately �� though admittedly harder to gauge snoring/drooling as you'd need to be getting some sleep for those!

Nottalotta Wed 22-Jul-15 02:40:00

Great thank you.

Elcs booked for Friday. I'm not getting any sleep anyway - it seems the minute i drop off i either get heartburn or I snore/dribble and wake up again!

Eminybob Wed 22-Jul-15 03:06:27

I found my swollen feet took a couple of days to go down, but I have aching feet now still a year later.

I thought I had carpel tunnel and had been having physio while I was pg, but I still had symptoms months later. I went back to Drs and was diagnosed with de guervains tenosinivitis which is similar to ct but extended by breast feeding. Gone now thank god, I was struggling to pick ds up it was so bad.

RozTheSchnoz Wed 22-Jul-15 03:23:29

Didn't have swollen feet but had horrendous heartburn and back pain that disappeared straight after birth.

RozTheSchnoz Wed 22-Jul-15 03:24:47

Oh, and the excessive dribbling stopped. It was replaced by excessive sweating! Fortunately not for long.

Giraffeseyelashes Wed 22-Jul-15 04:33:06

Oh yes, and you will also soon be able to enjoy full-size wees again. Having to get up for micro-wees just after you've finally fallen asleep despite all of the aforementioned pregnancy delights is quite undelightful. Good luck OP, hope everything goes smoothly!

avocadotoast Wed 22-Jul-15 04:50:17

Straight away. I had heartburn, drool and a really snotty/bloody nose.

All gone by the time I left hospital smile

avocadotoast Wed 22-Jul-15 04:51:12

Oh Roz yeah I'd forgotten about the sweating. Woke up one night and thought I'd pissed myself. It passed pretty quickly though!

Turquoiseblue Wed 22-Jul-15 07:21:52

I remember the heartburn was gone immediately! That post labour cup of tea and toast gringrin...... (And I don't usually drink tea !)
CTS and leg swelling actually got a bit worse for a while then went - swelling after about a week Wrists and hands were jammy for a couple of months with all the lifting etc

Tum and bum were wobbly for a good year though hmm

Canyouforgiveher Wed 22-Jul-15 07:27:24

heartburn was brutal - brutal - with last 2 pregnancies and disappeared immediately. c sections for both of them.

Also had a terrible pregnancy itch with last 2 and it also pretty much went overnight.

My feet didn't swell but I did gain an entire shoe size after 3 pregnancies!

Nottalotta Wed 22-Jul-15 08:02:32

Sounds pretty variable then!

I don't have the wee problem - baby is breech and incredibly high so not actually on my bladder! I do get up 2 - 3 times for a wee but they are proper sized ones - I get so thirsty i drinking glass of water each time. Doh.

I really want rid of the heartburn snoring and drooling, so that ifif i get chance to sleep, i don't immediately wake up again!

Impatientwino Wed 22-Jul-15 08:08:21

My baby was breech and I had a ELCS. One of the things I noticed was when I turned onto my side from my back in the hospital bed and I couldn't believe how light I was! That drag feeling was gone! I know it sounds silly but id forgotten how much weight was in my stomach!

Silly thing but before your partner goes home for the night the first night you're in hospital make sure your button for the light works and you can reach it from the bed. I didn't realise mine was broken and couldn't get out of bed to turn it on and couldn't latch my baby on in the dark so had to keep pressing the buzzer for someone to come and turn the light on AND off each time which was not great and made me feel like a nuisance!

originalusernamefail Wed 22-Jul-15 08:14:39

Instantly! grin With DS I had HG until the day he was born and SPD from 34 weeks + as well as all the heartburn and dribbling (I know wtaf!). I also lost 2 stone while in labour which actually left me 1/2 stone lighter than my pre-preg weight. I skipped out of the hospital feeling on top of the world and lighter than air wink. I did then unfortunately gain that 1/2 stone eating all the delicious food I hadn't been able to stomach for the last 9 months.

Fluffy24 Wed 22-Jul-15 09:28:46

Take lots of sandwiches - when bub is evicted from the space your stomach is meant to occupy you might be more than a bit peckish, I was ravenous, had a couple of rounds of sandwiches in hdu and still hungry!

ch1134 Wed 22-Jul-15 10:28:08

To be honest I had none of those in pregnancy, but awful carpal tunnel syndrome after the birth, along with dreadful backache and an episiotomy scar which took a while to heal...

allgoodthings84 Wed 22-Jul-15 13:33:22

I had an emergency c section and only had heartburn out of those symptoms but I am delighted to say I have t had heartburn since the moment baby was born! And I had horrific heartburn

MissHobart Wed 22-Jul-15 15:03:21

ELCS, congestion and very dry skin during pregnancy, gone by the time I got home after two nights in hospital. Snoring gone by the time we were actually in the same bed together again after four weeks shift sleeping!

knittingirl Wed 22-Jul-15 15:43:35

Immediately grin all the bad anxiety I had was gone in an instant, although I was shattered the dragging lethargy vanished, and I felt an amazing sense of freedom that my body was just mine again, and I wasn't sharing it with a passenger. Now 32 weeks with number 2 and counting down...

Ahemily Wed 22-Jul-15 15:46:28

Immediately for me too!

RockerMummy184 Wed 22-Jul-15 16:23:53

Almost immediately...then a whole load of other ones begin! grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now