Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

guilt

(4 Posts)
Ifonly4oneday Tue 21-Jul-15 21:27:45

Hi folks. I'm 31 weeks pregnant and my DS is 27 months. I am talking to him loads about baby coming and how lovely it will be for him being big brother and I have a couple of books which I read to him about the new baby etc.
Why oh why do I feel so guilty? I'm delighted and cannot wait until baby arrives but I just worry about DS feeling sad, missing me whilst I'm in hospital etc. I wish I could block it out. I am a serial worrier! Does anyone else feel like this? X

Whatabout Tue 21-Jul-15 21:42:27

I'm in a similar place to you, nearly 33 weeks and DS is 27 months. I'm telling myself he won't really remember being an only child and it'll all be fine..

Saltedcaramel2014 Tue 21-Jul-15 21:44:31

God I know exactly how you feel - and I'm only nine weeks. I almost feel like I'm betraying him. Logical side says siblings are brilliant (I know that first hand) but my heart is conflicted

BeeMyBaby Tue 21-Jul-15 21:47:30

Hopefully you won't be in hospital for long depending on delivery of course, but if you are a working-away-from-the-home mother then think of all the great time he will have with you after the baby is born, well worth it for him.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now