Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

What were your 1st labour signs?

(18 Posts)
Treesandbees Tue 21-Jul-15 21:23:33

I'm 36 weeks with DC #2. I was induced at 39 weeks with DS and didn't have any labour signs before hand. Pretty convinced he would have been overdue if they had let me go naturally. Had a feeling all along that this baby would be early. I've been having a lot of shooting pains around the bottom of my bump and lower back ache. Don't know if this is just because she has moved down or the start of something?! Being induced in 2 weeks but would be great to not be wink.

What were your early labour signs?

GoooRooo Tue 21-Jul-15 21:27:46

My waters went at 37+1. I had no other signs. I didn't progress though so had to be induced a day later.

So not much use to you probably, sorry! I am interestested to know what other people's labour signs are though as I'm currently 30+1 and desperately hope labour starts on its own this time.

bittapitta Tue 21-Jul-15 21:33:58

The shits grin

But Honestly it is different for everyone.

stuckinahole Tue 21-Jul-15 21:37:17

Painful light contractions ....

Then got mother fucking contractions

Crownjewel Tue 21-Jul-15 21:41:57

Standing up to get out of bed and my waters going with a whoosh (and still going whoosh 15 minutes later, ruining the bedroom carpet blush)

Crownjewel Tue 21-Jul-15 21:42:50

Meant to add I wish you a straightforward and easy labour, and enjoy your lovely squishy newborn x

meglet Tue 21-Jul-15 21:44:28

achy, sort of flu-y amd what felt like light period pain.

GlitzAndGigglesx Tue 21-Jul-15 21:47:43

I was meant to be induced but was found to be 5cm dilated when the midwife went to do it so that was mine grin. Couldn't feel a thing!

Treesandbees Tue 21-Jul-15 21:48:07

Crown don't say that...just had mine cleaned!!! shock

Guess we will have to wait and see what happens!

brokencrayons Thu 23-Jul-15 23:24:54

Unmistakable dull lower back pain at the very very start, increasing to light period cramps.

heatherxo Thu 23-Jul-15 23:47:34

Intense lower back pain for 5 days before I had a bloody show and days after that my waters went and contractions ramped up!

motherofallhangovers Thu 23-Jul-15 23:52:44

First time, waters breaking. No other signs at that point.

Second time, achy dull pain in my back which was there when I went to bed and still there in the morning, which became light contractions then quite quickly became intense contractions.

applecore0317 Fri 24-Jul-15 04:20:28

Had a show on the Wednesday following a Sweep, had more of a show on the Sunday followed by lots of slightly regular braxton hicks throughout the day. Woke up to dull period pains which came and went, so I timed them for an hour and a half, then waters started to go

Ohjellybelly Fri 24-Jul-15 08:02:06

With 3 of my 4 births, my waters broke whilst on the toilet having my first wee of the day. Very convenient as no mess to clear up.
Each and every time, contractions started within minutes.

Baby no 4 was a prem breech emcs so no labour there.

CarrotPuff Fri 24-Jul-15 08:31:22

Waters broke while bouncing on the ball, then contractions followed (like light period pains at first).

BunnyRuddington Fri 24-Jul-15 08:39:14

Dc1 was multiple trips to the toilet, followed by light contractions.

DC2 was fucking massive contractions about a minute apart. Luckily they calmed down enough for me to get to hospital.

Didn't have a show with either. The mw broke my waters with dc1 during labour, dc2 was born in hers.

Treesandbees Fri 24-Jul-15 10:50:49

Thanks everyone. Turns out baby is 2/5 engaged so think that accounts for some of the pain I was getting. Mostly eased off apart from mild period pains so we will see if it comes to anything!

slushie Fri 24-Jul-15 16:34:37

The first sign with both of my pregnancies wasy waters breaking. With dd1 the contractions started soon after, with dd2 they took about 10 hours to start.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now