Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Freebies?

(11 Posts)
darrenwis Tue 21-Jul-15 18:56:13

Hi all,

Someone we knew told us that they were able to take advantage of lots of freebies now that they are pregnant such as nappies, wet wipes etc.

We have picked up our baby pack from Argos but I was wondering if people knew of other websites/places that offer this or does this not exist?

Many thanks in advance!

sarkymare Tue 21-Jul-15 19:03:21

Emma's diary will be your best bet. You can claim 3 packs as well as links to other freebies

Whatabout Tue 21-Jul-15 19:04:35

Nothing is really free, you are giving them your details that are worth £100's to marketing companies and they will sell them on. Expect a lot of marketing stuff through the post / email. Any "freebies" are usually very small sizes and not worth it at all.

Skiptonlass Tue 21-Jul-15 19:27:41

^^ yup.

I wouldn't bother. You're getting bombarded with junk mail/spam.

Even worse are bounty, but don't get me started on them...

ohidoliketobe Tue 21-Jul-15 19:32:08

Boots parenting club is good. I nly get sent offers from Boots and I shop there for toiletries and cosmetics anyway so I don't mind getting special offers. The kids clothes from there are good quality too and although a touch more expensive than supermarket clothes they're always on buy 1 get 1 half price offer and you get clubcard points too

Runningupthathill82 Tue 21-Jul-15 19:52:54

Not worth it IMO. Sign up to shite like Emma's diary and bounty and you will get hounded for ever. In return for a pot of sudocrem the size of a postage stamp, and a few decaf tea bags. It's bollocks. I did it first time round and certainly won't make that mistake again.

The only half decent freebie, I think, is the boots change bag and free nappies. It comes with a mat too. Ours lasted a good year and meant I didn't have to lug about the £50 yummy mummy monstrosity bags that lots of people seemed to have spent money on...

And if the Bounty rep on the post natal ward tells you that you have to give her your details, in order to get your child benefit form, she is lying!

Some Bounty reps have even taken people's details from their hospital notes - their confidential hospital notes - without permission, according to anecdotes on here.

AbbeyRoadCrossing Tue 21-Jul-15 19:58:27

As others have said Bounty packs etc are just not worth it as there's about 4 wipes and 1 nappy.
Boots club means you get extra points and not too much spam with it
Free prescriptions and dentist are the only real freebies I can think of

IfYouWereARiverIdLearnToFloat Tue 21-Jul-15 20:41:54

The Boots parenting club is okay & so far I've only had one bit of mail from them with a bunch of money off vouchers. Mamas n Papas gave us a 5 pack of their newborn vests & a soft toy for using their personal shopper service but that's only good if you're going to buy stuff from there anyway.

I haven't really found anything else worth signing up for.

Doublebubblebubble Wed 22-Jul-15 07:36:49

Yeah I agree - the bounty ones aren't really free. The boots vouchers you get are probably the best... I've just received mine. Nappy bag free but not really you need to buy nappies folic acid tablet that are about a foot long and a cereal bar and museli (1 portion of each lol) I also got a ocado voucher (£20 off first shop and delivery free for a year)

As others have said nothing is really free x

monkey2014 Wed 22-Jul-15 14:29:03

I actually found the freebie packs useful - from Emma's diary more than bounty but we got lots and lots of wipes and pots of different types of cream etc - haven't bought any creams for me or baby as we got so many free. I got some of the packs more than once because of midwives giving them out and picking them up in boots. I'd say they are worth getting but as soon as we got each pack, i unsubscribed. Meant I had to sign up everytime to get the packs but then unsubscribed as soon as i got the first email come through so didnt get any junk at all.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now