Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Pain like stitch in bump at 32 weeks... Cause for worry or just ignore ?

(4 Posts)
ovumahead Tue 21-Jul-15 17:50:49

Have already called the antenatal unit and they told me just to take some paracetamol and lie down, and monitor baby's movements. Done all of that but pain is getting worse and spreading across the bump now. It really does feel like a stitch! It's weird. Doesn't really come and go according to any kind of pattern... Would you be worried if you were in my shoes? Or just put your feet up and rest?! Perhaps it's baby growing / belly stretching? Can feel baby moving around although no big kicks just writhing and wriggling. Any advice?!

applecore0317 Tue 21-Jul-15 20:17:22

Personally I would just keep monitoring it and keeping an eye out for any pattern. If you still aren't happy call triage again and ask to go in and be assessed.

GuybrushThreepwoodMP Tue 21-Jul-15 20:28:32

I get this when walking. I think I'm just short of breath and struggling to get oxygen everywhere.

ovumahead Tue 21-Jul-15 20:46:02

Thanks for replying! Seems to have settled a bit. I think baby is lying across my tummy and there's not much room so it's all a bit stretched and tight. Endless pregnancy niggles and worries! Exhausting.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now