Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Thrush

(6 Posts)
Crazycatlady15 Tue 21-Jul-15 15:35:11

Hello, I am 38+5 and have got a nasty bout of thrush. I went to the doctors yesterday and they gave me some canesten cream, they said as they baby is due within the next couple of weeks they could only give me a cream. I just wondered if anyone else has suffered with this so close to delivery?

I am so uncomfortable and it is really sore to urinate which I can't really avoid doing. I am already worrying about labour and now fear I am going to be stuck with this discomfort too sad

Any thoughts or advice welcome, thank you.

Junosmum Tue 21-Jul-15 16:35:19

I really sympathise. I've had horrendous thrush in the past, luckily not had any in pregnancy yet.

Avoid bubble bath, shower cream, and anything remotely scented down there. Also vinegar really works - doesn't sting or anything, try apply it (directly to the vulva) in splashes before you wee and it'll help- get rid of mine in 2 days, much better than the cream but they can be used together.

Crazycatlady15 Tue 21-Jul-15 16:48:36

Thank you for the vinegar tip, I wasn't aware of that one!

bunny85 Tue 21-Jul-15 16:49:48

I also sympathise, I had it in the first trimester and it's horrible. I was given both cream and pessaries, but never used either of them. I thought, let me try something natural first and see how it goes. So I bought lots of cotton knickers, stayed without anything from waist down when possible at home, changed knickers few times a day, and used loads of plain bio yogurt (both as food and applied directly down there). Also avoided any sugar/sweets. Thrush was gone in few days.

fanjodisfunction Tue 21-Jul-15 17:30:25

I suffer when I'm pg, but it always goes straight after birth. it is a nightmare though, mine is because of gestational diabetes but I have a rough time becuase I have bladder stress as well so have to wear a tena most of the time, which doesn't help the thrush.

try not to itch as it makes it worse and sore.

I'm going to try the yogurt thing, I find having a bath helps with an air dry afterwards. hopefully your baby will be here soon and the thrush will go away.

33goingon64 Tue 21-Jul-15 17:34:53

Use unperfumed non bio washing liquid (ecover zero is good), unperfumed soap free shower gel (sanex zero fragrance). Plain loo roll I.e. no aloe vera or perfume. Good luck.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now