Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Is a decrease in discharge normal?

(4 Posts)
Frillsandspills Tue 21-Jul-15 10:34:14

One of my main pregnancy symptoms at the start was an increase in discharge, though unpleasant it was one of those reassuring symptoms that made me think everything was normal as I had no sickness or anything.

I developed thrush at about 10/11 weeks and used a canesten pessary at 17 weeks. Now 18 weeks everything seems fine down there, I can now wear my nice underwear without feeling paranoid that I'm a soggy mess. The discharge itself has decreased from early pregnancy which is great but is this normal at 18 weeks? I assumed it may be because of the thrush treatment but even at 18 weeks I'm absolutely terrified of anything going wrong and often when things change it makes me panic a lot.

Just looking for a bit of reassurance (if only I had a pound for every question I posted looking for reassurance..)

TIA

Doublebubblebubble Tue 21-Jul-15 11:09:10

I'm sure its fine. It may well be the medication or it could be just another perk of this pregnancy ride that youre on x i have to say though you may very well have just jinxed yourself because It'll probably come back with a vengeance lol.

X good luck x

Rosenwyn1985 Tue 21-Jul-15 11:39:50

Mine has come and gone this time without any rhyme or reason. Now 35 weeks and some days it's awful, today not so bad. My midwife asked about symptoms and just said unless it smells funny don't worry. I have taken to sniffing rather a lot.... Isn't pregnancy glamorous? Haha!

Frillsandspills Tue 21-Jul-15 12:26:47

Thanks ladies! I suspect it may be due to the pessary last week but I feel so much better down there, if I ever feel 'fine' I question whether I'm pregnant as im so used to that side of pregnancy.

Roll on the next 5 months!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now