Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Doc says its gas not pregnancy..

(30 Posts)
Em101 Mon 20-Jul-15 21:19:51

Hi all

Well for 5 weeks or so I've had changes to boobs (cup bigger veiny sore!) little bump belly which gets bigger at night (I generally seem to "look most pregnant" at night. Feeling happier yet teary constipated and bloated. Burping lots! None of the above are really the norm which is what made me first think "am I pregnant?". Just started cilest but can't believe my dictir said its just gas and the pill? My tummy is firmer and not like a full of food or air feeling? I just want to know if anyone had anything so similar?

kormachameleon Mon 20-Jul-15 21:21:34

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

usualsuspect333 Mon 20-Jul-15 21:21:53

Have you POAS?

PisforPeter Mon 20-Jul-15 21:22:02

Do a pregnancy test then????
Waste of a doctors appointment not to do it.... hmm

mummypig3 Mon 20-Jul-15 21:22:09

Have you taken a pregnancy test? It's the only way to find out

sarkymare Mon 20-Jul-15 21:27:05

The hormones in contraception can and often do mimic some pregnancy symptoms. If you look in the leaflet from your pill it should list common side effects. I know I had awful bloating and mood swings whenever I started/changed the pill.

I assume you checked you wasn't pregnant before you started the pill?

GuybrushThreepwoodMP Mon 20-Jul-15 21:38:40

Haven't you done a test? What's the matter with you? Why would you go to the doctors and have an argument about the possibility of being pregnant when there is a very simple way to find it? hmm hmm

PisforPeter Mon 20-Jul-15 21:41:52

No wonder it's so difficult to get a Drs appointment when people behave like this hmm

Em101 Mon 20-Jul-15 21:47:04

Oh sorry yes tested 3 times all BFN first of the day

GuybrushThreepwoodMP Mon 20-Jul-15 21:49:03

Well doctor is probably right then.

Em101 Mon 20-Jul-15 21:49:25

Lol yes obviously I did 3 tests. The first when I realised 7th July second 17th and this morning before my appointment purely not to waste one. I'm very conciois of people wasting them.

chairmeoh Mon 20-Jul-15 21:51:16

So do you think your doc is wrong then? Do you believe you are pregnant?

ShadowFire Mon 20-Jul-15 21:51:25

I think it would be unlikely that you'd get 3 false negatives with pregnancy tests, so I'd be inclined to believe the BFN.

The information leaflet you get in the pill packet should list common side effects. FWIW I was always more emotional when I was on the pill, some ones affected my emotional state more than others.

Figster Mon 20-Jul-15 21:51:59

so is your Af late?

SurlyCue Mon 20-Jul-15 21:54:40

You did a test so as not to waste the appointment but still went and took the appointment anyway? confused

Em101 Mon 20-Jul-15 21:58:17

Yeah I've not just jumped to this conclusion! Currently planning our wedding certainly wouldn't be good timing! As I say I only thought it because of how different I felt! I read the leaflet and there are some of the side affects but also not others like a sudden increase in my body temp my DH kept saying how warm I was! My hands and feet are normally ice and I wear cardigans in 30 degrees?! Sleeping a lot, feeling brighter, don't have a sweet tooth which again I only noticed when I went for a usual coffee morning and didn't want anything which is unheard of. I'm very slim and have IBS so I did just wonder if it would just feel more prominent etc. I don't doubt it's not the only poss hence why I'm asking

SurlyCue Mon 20-Jul-15 22:01:06

Sorry, what is it youre asking?

Em101 Mon 20-Jul-15 22:01:12

Wow I'm really confused as to why are saying I wasted an appointment? If I had of gotten a positive I would still need one and behave I got a neg I need one to see the problem? If you had a distended bumpy tummy for two weeks and didn't feel well I'd assume you'd do the same? :S Bizarre! Anyway shall keep an eye out thanks for all help guys smile

PisforPeter Mon 20-Jul-15 22:01:25

I give up hmm

firesidechat Mon 20-Jul-15 22:03:42

You say you have ibs and many of those symptoms sound like ibs to me - bloating, especially at night, wind, constipation.

PisforPeter Mon 20-Jul-15 22:03:46

You don't need to book a doctors appointment for a pos PT, you need to book a MW appointment!!!

usualsuspect333 Mon 20-Jul-15 22:04:41

Maybe it's just your IBS? making you bloated.

I'd wait and maybe test again in a week or so.

firesidechat Mon 20-Jul-15 22:05:26

You don't mention your period at all. Are you late or not?

SurlyCue Mon 20-Jul-15 22:05:40

Wow I'm really confused as to why are saying I wasted an appointment? If I had of gotten a positive I would still need one and behave I got a neg I need one to see the problem?

It was YOU that said "this morning before my appointment purely not to waste one. I'm very conciois of people wasting them"
hmm

You implied you would be wasting the appointment somehow!

usualsuspect333 Mon 20-Jul-15 22:06:45

I don't think there's any need to be so aresy with the OP.

I don't blame her for going to the DRs if she's worried.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now