Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

How to find out where the nearest maternity unit would be whilst on uk holiday?

(9 Posts)
ag123 Mon 20-Jul-15 20:05:32

Hi, heading down to Cornwall at the weekend when I will be 34/35 weeks pregnant.
This is my second pregnancy, first went to term but have a section booked at 39 weeks this time due to complications during emcs first time round.
So I'm not really expecting anything to happen but was just thinking I should probably at least look up where I should go if anything untoward were to happen...will be in deepest darkest Cornwall (near Land's End) so it may be a fair drive to get somewhere if needed...

Chchchchanging Mon 20-Jul-15 20:09:00

If you're high risk it would be in Truro where Mrs Cameron unexpectedly delivered their youngest daughter...

Christelle2207 Mon 20-Jul-15 20:09:36

Where's the nearest town on the map! Fairly sure there is a hospital in Truro. Google town + maternity unit.

JassyRadlett Mon 20-Jul-15 20:40:07

We're in the same boat at 35 weeks! Not going any further than Wadebridge, though...

ero30 Mon 20-Jul-15 21:03:11

I think Treliske in Truro is the only maternity ward in Cornwall.

goldenhen Mon 20-Jul-15 21:07:15

which.co.uk (google which maternity unit) lets you search by postcode, so you can read up on all the ones that are near where you will be!

Gillian1980 Mon 20-Jul-15 21:12:52

Yep, Treliske in Truro is the only big hospital and maternity unit.

There are smaller community hospitals nearer - there's one in penzance - but really you'd need to get to Truro.

ag123 Mon 20-Jul-15 22:19:27

Oh crap! Long drive to Truro! Oh well, fingers crossed!!

GreenBoatRedBoat Tue 21-Jul-15 02:41:51

I was born in Truro smile (pointless post)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now