Talk

Advanced search

Soooo fed up. I could cry. (I am)

(16 Posts)
Nottalotta Mon 20-Jul-15 17:21:48

Self pity altert. 38 + 2. C sec booked for Friday due to breech. I am exhausted. Not sleeping - can't get comfy, too hot, awful heartburn.

Not feeling able to get on with the household stuff i had planned. In hospital for monitoring for the I think 5th time in 2 weeks. High bp.

Feeling incredibly tearful and trying to hold it together in the day assessment unit.

Please tell me it will get better.

fattymcfatfat Mon 20-Jul-15 17:27:08

Aw, just hang in there until Friday flowers may not seem like it now but it will be worth it.
I'm due on Wednesday, got severe spd, cant get comfy, too hot, awful heartburn, so you aren't alone with those. And no wonder your bp is high with all the worry and stress! I had to have an extra scan as the mw couldn't tell if baby was breach or not. Luckily for me he's not, but while I was waiting, even though I was pretty certain she was wrong, there was still that niggle and the worry of what would happen of he was.

Ceejay14 Mon 20-Jul-15 17:30:52

I feel your pain. I'm 41 weeks today with induction booked for friday. Had 2 sweeps already with no success. Really don't know how I will last til then, I've cried 5 times today already. Midwife tomorrow but can't see what she can say / do to make this any better.

Lolababy00 Mon 20-Jul-15 17:32:04

It will get better .... I had an awful week last week .. Sickness returned ... 13 month old decided she wanted a chat between the hours of 3and 5 am !!!! I cried lots ( currently 32 weeks) . Once baby is here you'll forget feeling so rubbish, don't worry about household stuff not getting done, baby won't notice xx

Nottalotta Mon 20-Jul-15 17:33:47

Thanks. I started mat leave today hoping to have at least 2 weeks (until due date) and maybe a bit longer being 1 st baby. As it goes, c sec Friday and although i want pregnancy to be over, it leaves me no time at all. Esp having to come to the bloody hospital every couple of days. I really shouldn't moan, they are taking good care of me. But I just feel so overwhelmed.

Cat is at through vets too just to help matters.

Nottalotta Mon 20-Jul-15 17:35:43

Oh god ceejay I feel for you. I'm actually pleased at my c sec as it means this will end. And I'll get to stay in hospital for 2 - 4 days.

Lolababy00 Mon 20-Jul-15 17:37:08

Have you got any family who could give you a hand with the house , just so you don't feel so worried about it xx

zippyswife Mon 20-Jul-15 17:59:05

flowers
Hang in there. Focus on Friday. Try to do something nice for yourself in the meantime- nice walk/swim/food.

You're allowed to cry and feel sorry for yourself. I've had 2 summer babies and it's no fun at the end!! However this time on Friday you'll be cuddling your new little bundle and the current horror will become a distant memory.

Best of luck for fri! Fwiw I had ELCS with dc2 and it was a very smooth and calm experience.

S2b16 Mon 20-Jul-15 20:38:57

I'm feeling really miserable (39 weeks) bad spd, huge bump, 44cm, 2 other dc off school and I'm scared to venture too far. Housework is a no go and my puppy is being an absolute pain....I could go on. I just wish I knew when he was going to come so I could plan things. The end is in sight tho xx

PiercedMrsL Mon 20-Jul-15 21:43:16

You're not alone with feeling miserable! I got stuck on the floor today while hanging washing up on the airer and nearly cried with frustration!
Only a couple of days until you get to meet your little one, you can do it smile

LadesC Mon 20-Jul-15 21:49:35

I too am miserable. Being induced on sat at 37 weeks due to cholestasis and poss pre eclampsia. House is complete tip as had building work done. In space of last few days:
- dps drill has broken so cant put rads back on wall or fix extractor hood,
- his bloody gadget for finding wires in wall is screwed so we cant put up shelves in nursery,
-i broke glass of a pic frame this morning in bed trying to change photo, and have now knocked a glass tealight holder over which has smashed into hosp bag and over bed,
- Yest we bought a bin for kitchen and when we got home realised we had picked up wrong colour.
-Schlepped to ikea sat and bought a rug which looks shite n needs returning.
- tried to hem lounge curtains this eve with hem tape and iron leaked black liquid all over one of them.
- Washing line snapped yesterday

I could go on and on. Every way we turn things are going to shite and I feel I should be resting and preparing for the ordeal that will be labour but theres no time.

God what a miserable cow I sound!!

LadesC Mon 20-Jul-15 23:36:16

Two hrs later and i feel bit chirpier again. Hormonal rollercoaster moi??!! You can do this OP. Once that little one arrives all the stuff you havent had chance to sort will pale into insignificance Im sure.

Take something to do/read for your monitoring appts so you dont sit clockwatching and pondering what else you could be doing in that time!

Nottalotta Tue 21-Jul-15 10:23:17

They kept me in. So i cried some more. Quite a lot more in fact. Still here. Phone ran out of charge around 8pm but someone has just found me a charger.

daisydalrymple Tue 21-Jul-15 10:46:51

For now then, try to forget the house, as you can't do anything about it and just try to relax and enjoy doing nothing! Have you got some books/magazines? Or can anybody get you some? If they kept you in overnight is there a chance you will stay in now and section even brought forward? (Am not trying to upset you further smile just thinking practically if you can prepare for that possibility mentally, and get dp to sort any pre baby stuff essentials that might need bringing etc)

Are you on bed rest or can you wander down to the hospital shop for some goodies, cold drink, chocolate etc. (essentials obviously!)

Nottalotta Tue 21-Jul-15 11:00:35

Dr as been round said i can go home after lunch. Just waiting for medication to arrive. Feeling better about that. Luckily i had my hospital bag in the car with a book. No extra cash though, or phone charger. Excellent start to maternity leave (first official day yesterday.......)

daisydalrymple Tue 21-Jul-15 11:05:32

Oh good! Enjoy the few days of rest and try to relax (I know easier said than done). Cake/chocolate, tv smile all the best for Friday xx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now