Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Temp in early pregnancy

(8 Posts)
soontobemrslizzy Mon 20-Jul-15 15:29:46

Hi guys, had a brief temperature fluctuation today up to 37.51. It was right after my shower and went down immediately to 37.4, now (2 hours later) resting about 36.96. Is that an OK level for temperature to be at or should I be worried about overheating? The doctor said maybe it's implantation, but given that I got my bfp a week ago, that seems improbable. I'm probably worried over nothing, what do you think?

LorelaiVictoriaGilmore Mon 20-Jul-15 16:09:49

I had stomach 'flu in early pregnancy. My temperature was up to 37 degrees plus. The doctor/midwife/hospital advice was to use paracetamol as necessary to get the temperature down and to go into hospital if it climbed over 38 degrees. It sounds like you're ok . . .

BeautifulBatman Mon 20-Jul-15 16:10:45

Get used to it. It gets worse the further on you go.

BeautifulBatman Mon 20-Jul-15 16:11:39

But nothing to worry about unless you're feelin particularly rough.

soontobemrslizzy Mon 20-Jul-15 16:43:33

Thanks ladies. I thought so too but given that the doc didn't seem to know much about it, I wanted to double check!

Roseybee10 Mon 20-Jul-15 17:33:46

Is there any reason for taking your temp at regular intervals?
Tbh it sounds normal for an increase after a shower.

soontobemrslizzy Mon 20-Jul-15 19:18:09

I felt like I was overheating, so I just wanted to check, and then because it was high, I checked after a few times.

Roseybee10 Mon 20-Jul-15 19:21:14

Cool. Was just checking to see if you had any underlying complications that may have affected temp etc. I found I got all hot and prickly sometimes in early pregnancy. Was your shower hot? X

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now