Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Decent parasols for pram ( oyster 2)

(4 Posts)
greatbigbushybeard Mon 20-Jul-15 13:17:15

My auntie would like to buy baby a present & we don't have a parasol yet. I've looked at the parasol for the oyster 2 baby style, and lots of the reviews are really negative and say they've bought other ones e.g. A mamas & papas Luna one but when I've looked the reviews they're all really negative. So does anyone know of a good parasol or is a massive muslin & clothes pegs a better way to go? Thanks!!

PennilynLott Mon 20-Jul-15 13:19:33

There's been a warning lately about babies overheating with anything pegged over the pram. I did find parasols useless though. How about the snooze shade ?

greatbigbushybeard Tue 21-Jul-15 00:24:48

Thank you so much for the snooze shade recommendation. The reviews are really positive! Think I may be suggesting this to Auntie!!

JellyTipisthebest Tue 21-Jul-15 00:51:56

I live in new Zealand I have a snooze shade, I have the deluxe plus. You either want the plus or the deluxe plus as they are the ones that are sun shades as well. The difference between the two is the deluxe has a pocket to push the snooze bit into instead of folding it and Velcro in it. The other difference is you can also unzip the shade bit which means that they have a hole to look out of better or so you can see them give them a drink ect. They are still well shaded well you do this. The last difference is on the deluxe the snooze bit snaps on so when they are asleep you could on snap it to give more are but still well shaded.
I think its great it does seam to be the one that offers the most protection and the most easy to use. I have noticed that the baby does get hotter if you use it as a cover inside as you are not moving not as hot as they would under a rain cover, so you should check on them regularly while its down. this is easy done buy unzipping the zip and sticky your hand through the hole. Never got hot when moving around outside

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now