Talk

Advanced search

Bfp! with DC2 how was it different for you?

(14 Posts)
VeryEarlyDays Mon 20-Jul-15 12:56:20

Got the Bfp this morning!! so excited but also pretty scared. Dp was made redundant last month so scary financial times ahead.
I'm sitting at work (lunchtime) feeling massively preggo; trousers don't button up at the top, feel ravenous etc. Is this in my head? think I'm 4 weeks but af has been v irregular and only stopped breast feeding last month so could be more? was it different for you? feels great to tell someone even if not in RL!

Glindathegoodwitch Mon 20-Jul-15 13:34:29

Hey, and congratulations!! I remember those exact feelings.... but I've got to be honest, most of the 'pregnancy' symptoms I thought I had at that stage - ravenous, hardly slightly nauseous, tight trousers etc were mostly me wanting to feel them so I could feel pregnant. Then week 7 literally knocked me out and THEN I knew symptoms. 16 weeks now and slowly starting to come through the sickness, still bile every morning but keep food down, energy levels are not the same as pre pregnancy but much better than they were in 1st trimester!! DC1 is now 10 and although I may have forgotten (or blocked out!) some of the symptoms of pregnancy of DC1, I am sure that this time it's different... prob that I am a lot older now and body isn't as nimble as it used to be. Or it could mean that I am having a different gender this time. Orrrrrr it could mean absolutely nothing!! Haha. The joys and wonders of pregnancy!

But congrats again! Wishing you a happy and uneventful 9 months! flowers

mygreeneyedboy Mon 20-Jul-15 13:41:25

Congrats! I'm about 9 weeks with DC2 - it's been roughly the same, but already gone quicker and I'm not as worried about different twinges, etc. I had/have hyperemesis with both, although I am coping better with this one and the doctors made sure to put me on medicine before the sickness started.

I hope DP can find a job soon! We're financially squeezed as well because we're moving country and now I know I'm pregnant I find its a bit cheeky to apply to jobs (along with other factors stopping me as well!)
Hope you stay positive - I heard things feel much quicker this time round (oh and I'm also already in the mat jeans!) & this time round is much less expensive - we don't need to buy a pram, we know the crap to avoid, and if this baby is a boy then we have his whole wardrobe sorted (some of its unisex as well)

mygreeneyedboy Mon 20-Jul-15 13:44:38

Oh but I shall add - this 1st trimester tiredness is hell with a little one!! (DS is 18 months) I'm in bed by 9pm, and I have a nap with him during the day grin

minipie Mon 20-Jul-15 14:00:23

Congratulations!

I felt more hungry and less sick second time round (turns out the cure for morning sickness, for me at least, is to eat carbs every 1.5 hours)

Got bigger much more quickly

Much much more tired (probably due to non sleeping toddler)

Didn't obsess over every symptom and stage of pregnancy - instead of "I'm 27+3" it was "err, about 6 months I think"

VeryEarlyDays Mon 20-Jul-15 17:10:38

thanks Ladies. you say you got much bigger quickly, how quickly? I swear I have a bump that hurts when I bend over and squish it!!!

mygreeneyedboy Mon 20-Jul-15 17:19:47

Well at 8 weeks, and a bit of food, I swear a few people noticed a bump in the dress I was wearing. I can definitely feel a bump if I lift up my legs to my tummy.. At 4-6 weeks I was very bloated - so it might be that for you?

Roseybee10 Mon 20-Jul-15 17:28:21

I was in shock second time. First time it took several miscarriages and a year of trying before we had a successf pregnancy.
Second time I got drunk and we forgot to use protection and I ended up pregnant!! It took me a while for it to sink in as I wasn't expecting it.

I got my Symptoms later with dd2 but then hit me like a ton of bricks. I was more tired and moody but showed much, much later. I could have hidden dd2 until about 6 months if I'd wanted to. I was visibly showing at 15 weeks with dd1.

Roseybee10 Mon 20-Jul-15 17:28:28

Ps congratulations xxx

minipie Mon 20-Jul-15 23:50:39

How quickly did i get bigger? well, I waa offered a seat on the tube at 9 weeks (and i was slim apart from the bump, so it was def due to the bump!)

VeryEarlyDays Tue 21-Jul-15 06:03:38

wow Minipie! I think that'll be me too! luckily I've only got 1.5days left at work before the summer hols so hopefully won't be outed!

rallytog1 Tue 21-Jul-15 07:39:36

With dc1 I hardly knew I was pregnant in the first trimester. No sickness, no tiredness, just a bit of bloating.

Now I'm 13w with dc2 - constantly feeling sick, exhausted, insomnia, crazy bloating and just generally feeling rubbish. I've also been in maternity clothes and baggy things for a couple of weeks now.

10twinkle10 Tue 21-Jul-15 09:16:37

Less sick this time (was throwing up till about 28 weeks with dd1) in maternity clothes well earlier this time because I was bigger but also because everything pressing on my stomach made me feel horrible. I think I've forgotten lots about being pregnant with dd1 as it was 8 years ago!

Polka007 Tue 21-Jul-15 13:55:19

Congratulations very great news!

I too am already in mat jeans at 10wks and have to eat carbs every 2hrs or I'm flaking with the sickness and the tiredness is debilitating with a 14month old too.

Hope you're other half can find a new job quickly smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now