Talk

Advanced search

Weight Gain in Pregnancy

(4 Posts)
Glindathegoodwitch Mon 20-Jul-15 12:19:51

I am 16 weeks pregnant, have grown quite a significant bump or so the many people who are now entitled to comment on my figure tell me however, I have not gained any weight as such.

I suffered with sickness horribly throughout weeks 7-11 but only lost 5lbs - 2 of those 5lbs have now returned as I am eating better and am only sick bile in the mornings.

I am not worried (or complaining!!), more curious. Can anyone point me in the direction of a good website for weight guidance in pregnancy?

Junosmum Mon 20-Jul-15 13:03:35

I'm definitely getting rounded in the tummy area. I'm 14+2 and lost 7lbs in the first 10 weeks due to nausea. I haven't put any of it back on.

The babycentre website has some good info. Basically if you were a normal weight (healthy BMI) pre pregnancy you should gain about 25 - 35lbs. If you were under weight its 3lbs more at each end of the scale and if you were a bit over weight then it's 10lb less at each end of the scale. Most of the weight should go on after 20 weeks so I wouldn't worry about it yet, especially if you are eating well. Baby is clearly growing if you're getting a bump.

Junosmum Mon 20-Jul-15 13:03:55

Oops forgot the link:

www.babycentre.co.uk/a554810/weight-gain-in-pregnancy

Glindathegoodwitch Mon 20-Jul-15 13:24:10

Thank you Junosmum - i'm sure I will be moaning the other way eventually! And thank you for the link, will check it out!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now