Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Too early to be anaemic?

(6 Posts)
OMGBabyNo3 Mon 20-Jul-15 09:43:16

Am 29 weeks pregnant with DC3. Have ended up on iron tablets in both previous pregnancies but thought it was later than this? Am waiting for bloods to come back today and have been tireder than I can ever remember for the last week.

If you're on iron tablets when did you start them? Thanks!

HazelShade Mon 20-Jul-15 10:00:43

I developed anaemia around 25 weeks - didn't start on the tablets until several weeks later though, as wasn't seeing a midwife for a while. I think you can get it at any time really.

Junosmum Mon 20-Jul-15 11:54:19

I'm 14 weeks and they think I'm anaemic.

Doublebubblebubble Mon 20-Jul-15 12:16:43

I have always been anaemic but this week (I'm 29+1) going from week 28 to 29 has been the absolute worst. my haemoglobin is 90 and my ferritin (sp??) is 5!!! My Dr has put me on ferrous fumerate x 3 a day... I also have to take vit c and folic acid tablets and watch my diet and cut out the caffeine the list goes on and on....

Joys of pregnancy...

RunningGingerFreckleyThing Mon 20-Jul-15 12:25:16

17 weeks for DS1. In the nicest possible way, these babies are parasites, sucking out all the good stuff from you!
I altered my diet with pregnancy 2 and 3 and didn't need iron tablets until later.

sianihedgehog Mon 20-Jul-15 13:01:52

I've been on them since around 24 weeks. I get anaemic pretty frequently when not pregnant as well, though.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now