Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Labour or upset stomach?

(15 Posts)
PebbleTTC Mon 20-Jul-15 03:32:28

Hi all, 38+1. Belly ache with gas and the diarrhoea for the last 3 hours. Pain isn't bad just like what you get with diarrhoea - pain poo relief and starts all over again!

Would love if this was start of labour but what do you think?

shiteforbrains Mon 20-Jul-15 05:39:00

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

scrivette Mon 20-Jul-15 05:52:50

That's how my labour started and I gave birth a couple of hours later. How are you feeling now?

LainyC13 Mon 20-Jul-15 05:57:30

I know how you feel. I'm 40+1 and have been waking up every hour since 2:30am with strong period pains and finally at 5am I had to get up & go for a poo! Am currently sitting on the sofa wondering if this is it? Or am I being overly hopeful!

CuppaSarah Mon 20-Jul-15 06:26:46

I had a good old clear out before labour too. But if it isn't the real thing, the pootractions, can stimulate real contractions I have heard. Fingers crossed for you both.

Lunastarfish Mon 20-Jul-15 07:01:12

That's how my labour started. Felt like I had wind/constipation. I went for a poo every 15 minutes for about 4 hours (!) Then started having mild contractions

LadyOrangutan Mon 20-Jul-15 07:05:11

That's how my labour started too. Is there any pattern to your cramps?
Are they coming in waves (gentle, increasing in pain and then easing off). Do you have lower back pain?
Maybe have your hospital bag on standby in case. Good luck!

LadyOrangutan Mon 20-Jul-15 07:06:13

Oh, and are your cramps upper or lower belly? If lower you could be in labour.

Rachie1986 Mon 20-Jul-15 08:02:39

How you doing now OP?

PebbleTTC Mon 20-Jul-15 09:32:08

Hi all, thanks for the replies. So sat on the toilet from about midnight until 5 am had cramps in upper abdominal constantly during that time. Went off to bed then and no cramps or anything since so unfortunately no good update!

I'm guessing cramps need to be lower down for them to be labour pains

LadyOrangutan Mon 20-Jul-15 19:49:46

If upper abdominal cramps it's usually your bowels (which are squashed up there) rather than labour. Sorry! Hope you're feeling better now

PebbleTTC Mon 20-Jul-15 21:43:38

Had hospital appointment this afternoon and they kept me in overnight because of the diarrhoea and they think I might have pre eclampsia, talking about inducing me tomorrow if I still have protein in my urine!

shiteforbrains Tue 21-Jul-15 00:40:50

shiteforbrains Tue 21-Jul-15 00:45:22

spillyobeans Tue 21-Jul-15 01:17:25

When i was in early labour i had diorea (sp sorry!) Cramps and soft bowel movements for a couple of hours, however my contractions were distinctive and i could tell difference although managable

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now