Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Swollen feet

(8 Posts)
coneywonder Sun 19-Jul-15 21:13:42

Hi ladies,

I haven't really suffered from swollen hands or feet at all but now I'm 11 days over due and have noticed over past few days my feet have swelled a little but today they are mahoosive and a bit sore.

Is this normal for how late I am now? I'm going to hospital tomorrow to be monitored so it's not something that needs to be looked at before then is it?

Whatabout Sun 19-Jul-15 21:16:21

Any swelling anywhere else, flashes in your vision, headaches? Stick them in the air and increase your fluids, it's been quite warm today.

Sallyhasleftthebuilding Sun 19-Jul-15 21:17:00

Probably water in your feet, you need to raise them so the liquid can run down/up? To your bladder.
Also this may be a sign of pre exclemsia?

coneywonder Sun 19-Jul-15 21:18:49

Yeah that's what I'm thinking. A sign of pre e so don't want to panic but also don't want to be too relaxed about it.

No headaches or any other signs no

RockerMummy184 Sun 19-Jul-15 21:42:45

Mine did this on Friday afternoon. I have previously had migraines/vision problems and protein in my urine so I was quite concerned to start with, but I elevated my feet and stripped off to cool down and eventually they went down so I think it was heat related.
It is really good that you have no other symptoms, but if you're concerned I'd call your Assessment Unit just to put your mind at rest.

coneywonder Sun 19-Jul-15 22:00:00

I have them up above my hips at the moment to see if they will go down.

It's only been 17c here in Manchester today so I didn't think it was heat related maybe I will call them just to make sure

RockerMummy184 Sun 19-Jul-15 22:09:13

I live on the North East coast so anything about 10 is a heatwave for us! ;-)

Hope they go down soon. Let us know what they say.

P.s. I feel your pain with the over-due-ness! DS was induced at 42 weeks. I was so impatient to meet him at the time, I just wanted him out! Now I look back and remind myself that I did such a good job of keeping him comfy and provided such a lovely home for 10 months that he didn't wanna leave it! :-)

coneywonder Sun 19-Jul-15 22:14:11

Aw that's a nice way to think about it.

I rung and they said not to worry as long as I have no other symptoms I'm going in for monitoring tomorrow anyway do they said if I'm still concerned it will be dealt with then. I have so far refused induction hence the monitoring so hopefully baby is still hapoy in there and I can give it a few more days to make an appearance. I feel like my body won't do what it's supposed to though! Hah

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now