Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Midwife referred me to Slimming World

(9 Posts)
Paperblank Sun 19-Jul-15 19:51:41

Had my booking in appointment on Saturday and the midwife asked me if I would be happy if she referred me to Slimming World.

I am not precious about it - I am fat. I have lost 8 stone but still a fair way to go and any support is a good thing.

I just wondered if there were any other expectant mums out there who would be happy to share their experiences.

TIA smile

GoooRooo Sun 19-Jul-15 19:56:11

Well done on losing 8 stone!

I lost 4 stone with SW before I fell pregnant and the MW signed me off to stay on Slimming World but, shamefully, I've not stuck to it at all and I'm now too scared to get on the scales.

It is possible - I know of other women who have done it and if you've already lost 8 stone there's a good chance you will succeed but for me it was just too hard. I have every intention of going back once this baby is born though.

DanyStormborn Sun 19-Jul-15 20:21:00

I did Slimming World before I was pregnant and loved it and lost lots of weight.. I love that you can have unlimited food but mostly healthy stuff so don't have to feel hungry - doesn't teach portion control but great for people like me who just love eating smile. I did try to carry on whilst pregnant but unfortunately my nausea in the first trimester made what I wanted to eat so unpredictable each day and I felt so down about the feeling of sickness I quit Slimming World. I wish I hadn't as the teacher would have said eat what you like when feeling sick and just get back in plan when feeling better.

Clairejessica123 Sun 19-Jul-15 21:08:32

A lady I work with is on a slimming world plan when pregnant and I think she has done pretty well. For weeks she said she seemed to out a 1lb on then lose a 1lb so stayed pretty consistent until about week 30 where she put 4lb on in a week and I think she has slowly put a few more on but in my opinion has done really well. Good luck smile

Paperblank Mon 20-Jul-15 07:35:20

Thank you for posting smile

I am at that dodgy 6+2 stage where I am battling nausea. I haven't thought about it too much over the weekend but if I weigh around the same as I do now after delivery I'll be happy.

Off to class tomorrow and presumably home via Tesco to fill the fridge with healthy stuff and not lemon yum yums!

GoooRooo Mon 20-Jul-15 09:04:18

I braved the scales this morning prompted by this thread. I've put on exactly 2 stone and I've 10 weeks to go. Eek. I put on 2 stone total in my first pregancy and lost it all in the first three weeks after birth.

I think the trick is to not put too much pressure on yourself. Meal plan and try to stick to it but if you feel sick and need a biscuit don't beat yourself up about it. Good luck!

Withalittlesparkle Mon 20-Jul-15 09:11:22

I've been referred to pregnancy nutrition people thanks to a BMI of 28! No idea what they'll say though.

I've put on 9lb since getting pregnancy and just hit the half way point

Jelliebabe1 Mon 20-Jul-15 16:16:45

Hey I'm going to slimming world and I'm 25 weeks with twins. I have put on about 11lbs since starting SW but I don't think that's too bad. Two weeks were holidays and we ate what we wanted (3.5lbs) and I inexplicably put on 3.5LBS last week. Mind you my ankles/legs were swollen something chronic. Its gone this week so I bet I've lost that 3.5lbs! grin

Its a healthy way of eating and they expect you to maintain rather than loose. I'm hoping my MW refers me for another 12 weeks! grin

Paperblank Mon 20-Jul-15 19:12:38

Thanks ladies grin good to hear that there are others in the same boat. I have lost my appetite at the moment so am just eating what I fancy and that's not always the best idea (hence the lemon yum yums which were yum yum but probably not on slimming worlds list of things you are allowed!)

I am going to start meal planning again because I find it so much easier than wondering what to have for tea!!

My plan is definitely to maintain rather than lose, a loss would be a bonus but as you say not the primary intention.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now