Talk

Advanced search

You CAN use pessaries for thrush

(4 Posts)
LumpyCustard69 Sun 19-Jul-15 18:57:12

I keep seeing people on threads telling others that you cannot use pessaries during pregnancy. My doctor has prescribed them throughout my pregnancy along with the cream, with advice of not being too rough when inserting them. I have discussed them with 2 midwives and my consultant and they have all said the same thing!!!
I wouldn't use them without consent from my GP, but I also wouldn't advise people not to use them at all!!!

If you are suffering from thrush, go to your GP and follow their advice!! Plus, if you get them on prescription you get them free anyway!!!

jimijack Sun 19-Jul-15 19:00:39

You can you are right but manufacturers instructions are to NOT use the applicator when inserting the pessaries.

WendyTorrance Sun 19-Jul-15 19:01:42

I'm a midwife and we were always doling them out in the antenatal clinic. We used to take the applicator out though and advise women to just insert it with their finger.

dementedpixie Sun 19-Jul-15 19:02:21

I agree you can use them but advice is to insert with fingers rather than using the applicator

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now