Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Preparing for a surprise

(14 Posts)
Withalittlesparkle Sun 19-Jul-15 11:43:33

So we planned to find out the baby's sex but the sonographer couldn't tell us. Now we're thinking we leave it as a surprise. It's DC2, we knew what our first was going to be.

Has this ever happened to anyone? Did you keep it as a surprise or did you pay to find out? And if you kept it as a surprise how did you prepare?

We'd already decided the nursery would be gender neutral but I'm not keen on whites/pastel clothes on new borns (DC1 had jaundice and his white baby grows made it look worse)

ARV1981 Sun 19-Jul-15 13:03:24

Bright colours all the way then!

AbbeyRoadCrossing Sun 19-Jul-15 13:07:45

Yep, you can get lots of brightly coloured things. Boots and tk maxx I've found good for that.
My tip would be to have a look in the boys and girls sections as well as unisex. The unisex sections seem to be all white but there are plenty of neutral bits in the boys and girls sections I've found, more greens, yellow, red etc.

ScrambledEggAndToast Sun 19-Jul-15 13:25:59

Enjoy your surprise, it will be fab grin Lots of bright colours to get you started. I will never forget the moment the midwife said 'it's a boy'. The most wonderful moment of my life gringrin

OhEmGeee Sun 19-Jul-15 13:41:21

We had two surprises!

We got some lovely clothes from Next. Look round the supermarkets too. I loved not knowing and the guessing.

BadgerFace Sun 19-Jul-15 13:48:02

I was about to say Next but I see OhEmGeee has beaten me to it! We got quite a few packs of sleep suits for DD which I can put current bump in regardless of which sex it turns out to be. Lots of lovely bright colours with animals on. Very cute!

PotteringAlong Sun 19-Jul-15 13:51:39

Yes, I did bright colours from next / boots for both my surprises.

Christelle2207 Sun 19-Jul-15 15:31:22

Ive noticed that Boots currently have a very nice light green range that is very unisex. Mamas and Papas have bright stuff. Mothercare I find either gender specific or white/beige so very dull.

OhEmGeee Sun 19-Jul-15 15:42:56

www.next.co.uk/boys/newborn-boys/unisex/3

Delish! Why this says its in the boys section I'll never know. We bought similar and ds looked so cute!

IfYouWereARiverIdLearnToFloat Sun 19-Jul-15 17:25:43

I'm planning for a surprise & got a few baby grows from pigeon organics & green kids in stripey bright colours. Olive & Moss do the lovely character sets too in bright colours.

Ymamiss Sun 19-Jul-15 18:20:00

Omg that penguin snowsuit from Next! I'm in love! But we have already bought sooooo much for our surprise...

BadgerFace Mon 20-Jul-15 17:49:17

Another vote for Olive & Moss, I love their characters.

I assumed I had enough neutral baby clothes for Number 2 from when DD was little as we did not go very girlie with her clothes. And then I saw the Next penguin suit! Just popping to the shops...

mrswishywashy Mon 20-Jul-15 18:18:06

Having a surprise here and goin for a mix of brights and pastels. We got a Paddington bear set from sainsburys yesterday.

KokoLoko Mon 20-Jul-15 19:42:52

I might have to get that penguin set for our 3rd surprise, it's just too adorable! Do you think it'll be the way to identify MN babies, like the MN scarf grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now