Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

How long?

(12 Posts)
Didyeaye Sun 19-Jul-15 10:18:57

I'm due my first baby in less than 4 weeks grin
But I know realistically that it could happen any time really from 37 weeks up to 41 + 5 (ish, if I need to be induced)
Sooooooooooo how long will the next 3 - 5 weeks feel? Like 3-5 months?!

33goingon64 Sun 19-Jul-15 11:08:32

With your first you need to find things to distract you - there's plenty of jobs you'll suddenly feel need to be done. With later DC you have the first one to keep you busy. I'm 39+4 with DC2 and feel like I want to spend every moment with DS as it's the last days of just us. Am also finding time to scrub things though! Good luck x

Didyeaye Sun 19-Jul-15 11:28:42

Thanks 33
I have a list of things to get done but not much inclination to get on with them! I'm quite good when DP is around but once he's gone to work I tend to just want to sit on mumsnet the couch grin
You're right tho, I should get busy as I'll regret it once baby is here grin
Good luck to you too! You're so close to the big event, hope you have a lovely last few days with just DS. How exciting for your wee family

fattymcfatfat Sun 19-Jul-15 11:34:26

I'm 39+4 with number 3! I just want to sleep! The oldest is too big for mum to be much fun now as I cant run round like a loon (he's 6) but the 19 month old is bloody exhausting.

Didyeaye Sun 19-Jul-15 14:57:21

Aww fatty (sorry!) blush you're so close too! I can only imagine what it's like with two wee ones already / bet they're keeping you busy. Hope it all goes well when the time comes!

AndThisIsTrue Sun 19-Jul-15 14:59:50

Sleep sleep and sleep some more, and maybe read a few books. I went on mat leave early with my first and I was two weeks late. Having had a terrible sleeper for the last two years I'm so glad I had those 6 weeks to myself! Enjoy it!

Pisghetti Sun 19-Jul-15 15:01:15

Avoid the sofa at all costs! Not good for getting baby into a good position. DD was born at 41 weeks in March and I spent the last couple of weeks sat on or leaning over my gym ball doing a birth sampler for the nursery (still not finished four months on as I haven't time now!)

soloula Sun 19-Jul-15 17:00:15

I didn't feel like my last few weeks with DD dragged and I was 11 days over when she arrived. I made a point throughout the pregnancy of not focusing too much on my due date as I knew it was highly unlikely DD would arrive then and I think that really helped.

S2b16 Sun 19-Jul-15 17:11:21

This pretty much sums up how I feel, currently 38+6 with dc3

Didyeaye Sun 19-Jul-15 17:32:03

AAAHHHHH just wrote a big response then lost it angry

Didyeaye Sun 19-Jul-15 17:35:39

Try again...
And I like your thinking - I've just woken up from a 2 hour nap. Maybes I can have a timetable of doing things for an hour then napping for 2 to recover grin
pisghetti my gym ball arrived yday. Trying to wean myself off the couch as everytime I sit on it I know it's the worst possible position but it's so comfyyyyyyy! grin
Och I know, I'll probably go to 42 weeks. It's not that I'm mega uncomfy or anything, just impatient to meet baby!!
Haha S2b that gave me a laugh.

33goingon64 Mon 20-Jul-15 09:16:41

You can lie on the sofa on your left side, just don't lean back sitting. Can you do ante natal yoga or aqua natal classes? All helps with getting baby into right position and making you feel slightly less immobile.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now