Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

It's started :(

(12 Posts)
Londonmummy01 Sat 18-Jul-15 22:19:57

I'm 5+3 weeks and the dreaded nausea has started as of today. I'm so scared in had HG before and really didn't cope well. I'm trying to stay positive that it won't be as bad this time.
Anyone else early on and starting to suffer with the sickness ... In need of support. X

TheDuchessofBoxford Sat 18-Jul-15 22:22:31

I'm 7 weeks today and have been suffering with nausea for about 10 days. First actual throwing up on Thursday but strangely ok today. Complain if I'm sick and worry if I'm not!

Sickness is awful though - I'm afraid I have no remedies as nothing seems to work for me! Had it until 17 weeks last time!

Londonmummy01 Sat 18-Jul-15 22:26:23

17 weeks duchess that's awful hmm!! Fingers crossed it's not so long this time.
Feel terrible for moaning but this really is the truly horrid part.

chopsface Sat 18-Jul-15 22:58:50

Poor you, my nausea started at 5+5. I'm now 18+5. This is my first pregnancy and my last! I too am hating the sickness a lot! Congratulations on your pregnancy though and I really hope you don't get hg again. Were you on tablets for it? Can you get some in advance this time?

Londonmummy01 Sun 19-Jul-15 13:57:29

Hi chops, yes I was thinking I'll be back to the gp this week to get armed with as much meds as possible. Congrats on pg. as soon as you see that bubba you'll want more wink

Doublebubblebubble Sun 19-Jul-15 14:46:13

I'm currently 29 weeks and I have had HG for every pregnancy I've ever had. (Miscarriage 09, dd (5) born 2010, stillbirth of id twin boys x 2012, miscarriage 14, current pregnancy) with DD I had mild hg....mild but still hg. It has ALWAYS finished at around 18 weeks so I feel for anyone who gets it the whole way through. I don't know if there is any truth to the old wives tale that you get worse Ms with boys but I have certainly had it that way. I think I might just be a freak of nature though...

Doublebubblebubble Sun 19-Jul-15 14:48:29

Also, I found buccastem to be the best of all of the antiemetics that I've ever been offered xxx good luck and here's hoping you don't get it again!!!

Londonmummy01 Sun 19-Jul-15 15:14:09

Aww doublebubble I'm sorry for your losses, but chuffed that you are pg again and hoping it will all go well.
I'm currently at work snacking on crackers...

Doublebubblebubble Mon 20-Jul-15 19:35:31

Crackers are all good! Is your work aware that you've had hg before?? I had to take a week off this pregnancy - I had prewarned them though lol

Londonmummy01 Mon 20-Jul-15 22:24:23

No I haven't told work. Has anyone tried vitamin b6? I've bought some this evening and hoping this will help.

TeenageMutantNinjaTurtle Mon 20-Jul-15 22:27:51

I was A LOT less sick in my second pregnancy than my first. I had good results (not great, but good) from accupuncture.

Not sure about too much B6 when pregnant, aren't there contraindications?? Might be making that up, but I'd check with your doctor before taking big quantities...

thatsn0tmyname Mon 20-Jul-15 22:28:59

Nausea is rubbish but when it stops you worry something is wrong. Then it returns with a vengeance. It's like a double edged sword. Stay away from ginger biscuits or you'll pile on the pounds and feel even worse. Fresh orange juice helped me a lot. Sip on cartons through the day and keep ready peeled oranges handy. All the best.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now