Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Pregnancy advice!

(8 Posts)
Melinda8983 Sat 18-Jul-15 18:46:40

I really don't know when I ovulated but, the charts say from 07/06/2015-07/08/2015 I had unprotected sex and no pulling out on 06/04/2015. Is it a big possibility that I am pregnant, or does that still give me a 50-50 chance. The thing is I believe my period average is 27-28 day, well on 07/09/2015 I had the worst period cramps but with not period. The cramps lasted all day finally eased up as the day ended, and not only cramps but throbbing on both ovaries. The thing is I do just hurt a tiny bit on my ovaries, when I guess I'm ovulating. But these were so bad I wanted to curl up. What does anyone think it is? Could it possible mean pregnancy?

UrethraFranklin1 Sat 18-Jul-15 18:48:27

Your dates make no sense. And seriously why not take a test instead of asking people on tne internet who couldnt possibly have a clue as to the chances of you being pregnant?

MrsSpencerReid Sat 18-Jul-15 19:04:04

Dates make sense in American format. But I agree, the only way to know is to test

UrethraFranklin1 Sat 18-Jul-15 19:06:09

Even in us format its confusing june and july.

Melinda8983 Sat 18-Jul-15 19:10:34

Sorry I re read it confused myself

Melinda8983 Sat 18-Jul-15 19:12:33

Well I had them come out negative but, on my second child her tests didn't show up until I was late! I test all the way up until a couple days before I started, all negative. I will just wait it out. Just wanted to know what's the percentage of being pregnant if you have sex on fertile days.

sarkymare Sat 18-Jul-15 19:25:55

Having sex on and around your fertile days will give you around a 20-25% chance of pregnancy in any given month. I'm not sure why people think that having sex will give a 50-50 chance. Conception is a far too complicated process for that, so many factors have to come together at exactly the right time. Which is why I believe it takes the average healthy couple around 6+ months to conceive when actively TTC.

When was your period due and
When did you last take a test? Whilst most pregnancy tests claim 99% accuracy on the day of your expected period, it's not that unusual for some women not to test positive for a few days after that.

NoMontagues Sat 18-Jul-15 19:27:46

Do you mean you think you ovulated between July 6th and July 8th, and you had unprotected sex on July 4th?

Then yes, you could be pregnant, test again on the day your period is due.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now