Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Much-longed for second baby on the way, but I'm scared and panicing.

(7 Posts)
Ficidy Fri 17-Jul-15 18:24:39

Both of our babies were conceived via IVF, so they really have been long-awaited and are very much loved and wanted. My ds will be 2 soon and I am currently 21 weeks pregnant with his sibling. The thing is, my little boy is extremely active and demanding. He has his good days, but more often than not, he is whinging or wanting to be carried everywhere. I really don't know how I'm going to cope with two. I'm so worried. I found the newborn days really, really tough with my ds. I struggled with breastfeeding and it wore me out. We are also in a tiny house and there isn't room to swing a cat and no garden. I'm slowly but surely losing my mind. Can anyone offer any advice or words of wisdom, please?

fanjodisfunction Fri 17-Jul-15 18:40:19

I'm pg with my next baby, DS is two in October, I'm 16 weeks. I have worried how I will cope. DS is generally a happy contented kid but I worry that he will feel pushed out.

I'm going to be getting something for my DS from the baby, hopefully something that can fit in the crib when he comes to see us in hospital, so he doesn't feel left out. my parents did this for me.

I think the best bit of advice I ever had was 'this is not forever so just embrace it'. I did this during my nights up with DS and hope to continue with next baby, they are only small for a while.

Roseybee10 Fri 17-Jul-15 20:43:34

I had around 2.4 years between my two. Dd1 was going through our tantrum phase when dd2 was born, dd2 had terrible reflux and cried all the time, we're still in a tiny flat and we're all still standing. It's been hard at times but you find ways to cope and I wouldn't change my two beautiful girls for anything. I'm not going to tell you it's not going to be damn hard sometimes but I am going to tell you it's worth it xx

Ficidy Sat 18-Jul-15 11:31:05

Thanks girls. I appreciate that. At least I now have an idea what it's like to have a newborn - unlike the first time. We really need to get our house on the market and move on, but I'm not sure how feasible that is with dc2 due so soon. Lots to think (worry!) about. At least my son will have a playmate. It's worth all the stress just for that!

Roseybee10 Sat 18-Jul-15 12:16:07

Seeing my girls together just melts me. Dd1 is a proper wee mother hen and helps so much and the love she shows for her sister is just beautiful.
We're trying to sell our house just now and it's a pain in the teeth. Good luck x

Griffomais Sat 18-Jul-15 12:32:49

I'm 16 weeks with Dc2 - DD will be 2 in November. Right at this moment I'm dreading the arrival in December I know that sounds awful but my DD is very hard work just now - tantrums are in full swing and nothing calms her down, her cry is the loudest I've ever heard and makes me physically sweat. She is my gorgeous little girl and I love her so much but she certainly knows how to push my buttons. Currently spending most days feeling like a rubbish Mum. The thought of adding a baby to the mix at Christmas scares me. Not really sure how to snap out of it.

MarinaCoyle Sat 18-Jul-15 12:41:36

"This is not forever so just embrace it"....... That's such lovely advice fanjo. I'm going to take that on as a mantra!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now