Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Coping with threatened miscarriage

(5 Posts)
Emmalbae Fri 17-Jul-15 18:24:25

Hi.
i really need some moral support as i go through finding out if my bean is alive or has passed.
I got my BFP monday 6th july was over the moon. Thursday night when i wiped their was red blood and now everytime i wipe their is either brown stale blood or light brown mucus blood on the paper. I get nothing on a pad though. I am booked in for an early epu scan on the Thursday 23rd july but im really not coping and need some advice on how to pull through. I am in tears every day and emotionally i feel so low. Physically i feel drained and energy less as well.
I am worried ill never carry a baby to full term because of one reason i have very light periods and dont think my womb lining is good enough. On the first two days of my period i only need to change a regular tampon every 6/8 hours. I also dont get a lot on a pad overnight.On day 3 i no longer get a drop on a pad at night and barely fill a lite tampon also if i sit down i barely get a drop on a pad. I could wear a lite tampon all day if it where healthy but i dont fill one even after 8 hours. Im convinced my womb lining is not enough to sustain pregnancy.
any advice on what to do and how to cope until next thursday .

Thank you.
I just done a few more tests and got these results.

Also took a clear blue digi it said 3+
Last week it said 2-3 and this was my test last week the day I started bleeding (fainter photo)
A lot fainter than today obviously.
I am still scared though. I still think I have miscarried infact I am also convinced of it.
Do these tests prove rising hcg levels? Also last Thursday the first lot of blood I wiped was red but since then it was only when wiping and brown or light brown with mucus up until today it has stopped. However I read you can still have hcg in your body after miscarriage so worried I have had a miscarriage.
What do you think of that?
I also have no preg symptoms but I do have very creamy lumpy white cervical mucus (sorry tmi) and have been burping a lot but not sure if that's new or something I've always done and reading to much into . I feel fine in my self. No sickness etc had a few tummy twinges here and their though.

jusdepamplemousse Fri 17-Jul-15 20:02:24

It's really, really hard and there's nothing worse for making time go slowly.

I think if you can you should stop testing. The urine tests aren't accurate enough to 'track' hcg in any kind of conclusive manner so no matter what you might infer...they aren't telling you anything. That said, the clear blue showing 3+ is encouraging. I would try to focus on that and stop the testing now.

The symptom checking is a bit unavoidable unfortunately but try not to 'indulge' the urge. I don't mean that at all to sound harsh...I just can't think of a better way to word it. I know it's really difficult. But obsessing will only make time go slower. And time is the only thing that's going to give you your answers.

What I did to get through when I was in a similar situation was to delete all my apps, put an embargo on googling, went to work even though I felt like I wanted to stay in a cave or something, and made plans to go for walks, dinner, coffee with friends. Weirdly it was good to see friends who didn't know - for short periods, a few hours - as it forced me to focus on other things.

Of course it's going to be on your mind but there is simply no way of getting your answer before the pregnancy is at a stage where it can be deemed viable, or not. You might get some idea on thurs, you might have to wait another week after that to be sure. It's unbelievably tough but it's doable.

I really hope things work out for you.

How's your real life support?

flowers

sizethree Fri 17-Jul-15 20:49:34

em I'm so sorry you're Hong through this, it really is dragging out and in sirry you're not getting seen sooner than Thursday. It's a shame as the EPU could have done some blood tests to test your HCG levels to see how much they are rising over a 48 hour timefrane. Can you call them tkmorriw as its sounds like you're so distressed that getting some support before Thursday would be really beneficial.
It's di hard when you feel out of control. We are used to being able to cintrol everything in life. And are taught that if you work hard at something, you'll be sucessful. Sadly pregnancy is an exception to that rule, and it's a comets lottery whether it works out or not.
Please fo call in the morning and explain to the nurse how tormented you are by the situation. It's important you get some care very soon.

Emmalbae Sat 18-Jul-15 10:42:02

Hello.
my real life support is really good. my boyfriend is brilliant.
i have been told by others that if its a lot bolder (the line) than last week it is encouraging.last thursday when the bleeding started it was so faint and took ages to appear now its darker than control and takes 20 seconds if that so i dont see why they would get bolder if i had miscarried. i understand if it had stayed the same but it get bolder after a week of bleeding, every day it got stronger. surely it cant as if you miscarry your body slowly decreases in hcg it wouldnt make any more to get bolder.
sizethree- i have asked my gp, a and e doctor and midwife none will do blood tests for me. they all say its a waste of time as what ever the result it wont change if i miscarry or not. i will ring the epu though thank you

Frillsandspills Sat 18-Jul-15 11:32:30

Hi emma I read your previous thread and I'm so sorry you're going through this.

I had a threatened miscarriage at about 5 1/2 weeks and then a scan a week later showed everything was fine and the bleeding I had wasn't from my womb. I'd been in some pain which was down to a cyst quite common in pregnancy and as the cyst was on one side it meant I only had pain on one side so I feared it might be ectopic, but thankfully all was fine.

When I found out I was pregnant I was constantly doing pregnancy tests like you and the line was getting darker, although on the third day of testing they were as dark as they could get so I gave up testing then. I'd say it is encouraging, but like others have said its not accurate.

I know it's impossible not to overthink everything but it does make you feel worse. Like you said in a previous thread the fact you have conceived is a start, please remain positive!
I don't want to get your hopes up, but your bleeding sounds a lot like mine was, only when I wiped and mine was red too. I had no period type pain or anything. I'm now 18 weeks!
Hope for the best but prepare for the worst is a good way to do it. Next Thursday is a long time to wait so I agree with sizethree try and seek help if you can. Mumsnet is a brilliant place for help from people who have been in a similar situation.

I think you know your own body a lot more than you think, I knew everything would be fine when I went for my scan even though I was still really scared thinking the worst but I remember deep down just knowing there was something there. Trust how you feel!
Thinking of you flowers

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now