Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Constant BH hard uterus won't relax?

(4 Posts)
kuolo Fri 17-Jul-15 15:59:25

I'm 37 +3 and my bump has been rock solid for the best part of 24 hours. It's getting really painful, not in a contraction kind of way but just in a muscle spasm kind of way, and across my back too. I'm just wondering if anyone else has had this, as it's freaking me out slightly, and I'm worrying baby is getting squashed in there. If I lie down and force myself to relax it loosens up a bit, but as soon as I or baby moves it clamps up again, and lasts for hours at a time. I did call the midwife but I'm not sure I explained it very well, so I'm wondering if it's anything to worry about and if I should call again or I'm just being over-anxious. Help!

NickyEds Fri 17-Jul-15 18:00:39

Mesad. I've been having regular,strong BH for three sodding weeks now, keeping me awake, very uncomfortable but not, so far, going anywhere. I'm 40+3 now so really hoping something happens. They are intermittent though. What did your mw say? Is it your first pregnancy?-I got nothing like this with ds so thought it might be a second pregnancy thing.

yellowrose2728 Sat 18-Jul-15 00:23:51

I had this and my midwife advised it was because I was dehydrated... Weird, but drinking lots of fluid helped smile

MadameLeBean Sat 18-Jul-15 00:33:35

I had this the night before I had my DD ....

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now