Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Every movement I make takes every bit of energy I have

(13 Posts)
mayaknew Fri 17-Jul-15 14:15:37

How do you deal with the fatigue ? This is the worst I've had it in really struggling sad

My house is in chaos I have so much housework and laundry to catch up on because I've been neglecting . I have to get it done today because we have people coming over tomorrow . I also need to pick dd up soon and the thought of walking anywhere right now fills me with dread sad

Does anyone have any tips on coping with pregnancy fatigue because I'm really not coping well with it at all sad

Blackandwhitecat3 Fri 17-Jul-15 15:22:10

oh Maya it's exhausting isn't it. I have no DC and I really cannot imagine how anyone copes being pg with one. Is there anyone who can help you out? I'm just utterly exhausted nearly all the time and DH has done loads and we've just accepted that I'm really limited in what I can do. I also managed to find a cleaner who doesn't cost too much.

You need that rest.

Nottalotta Fri 17-Jul-15 15:28:13

No useful advice i'm afraid. I really struggled in the first trimester and am struggling again at 38 weeks. I have revised my 'spring clean before baby comes' plans to 'try to get the washing up done.....'

NoMontagues Fri 17-Jul-15 15:34:34

I don't know, I think I've pretty much sleepwalked through the last 10 weeks.

I have managed to keep the house someway tidy, by basically shoving all sorts up into my and DH's room- laundry, half unpacked bags from trips away, toys and baby stuff that need so be sorted and put away.

So when someone comes to the house and uses the loo I am petrified they will go into our room. it would really shatter the illusion grin

Once DS is in bed I just flop and generally I'm in bed myself by about 9. I also work from home so I've been able to completely dispense with looking presentable in any way shape or form. I cover my haggard face with big sunglasses when bringing DS out in the buggy.

HazelShade Fri 17-Jul-15 15:45:48

Just in case, have you asked the midwife to check for anaemia? I've been completely and utterly shattered throughout most of this pregnancy, midwife did an extra bloodtest around 30 weeks and turned out I was anaemic. I've been on iron tablets since and have much more energy (am 37+4 today and feel stronger than I did at 27+4...). Apparently anaemia is quite normal in pregnancy.

I had just written it off as normal pregnancy tiredness, but in retrospect, I didn't do things like wash my hair for 3-4 weeks because I was too weak to lift my arms and move them for several minutes at a time - that's not normal...

mayaknew Fri 17-Jul-15 17:03:19

I

Candlefairy101 Fri 17-Jul-15 17:05:01

How far gone are you maya? X

mayaknew Fri 17-Jul-15 17:07:51

Most premature post ever grinblush

I have been thinking that myself hazel I will ask for some blood tests at my next appointment I think .

mayaknew Fri 17-Jul-15 17:08:11

12 weeks today candle

Candlefairy101 Fri 17-Jul-15 17:13:05

The first trimester is a killer, this is my 3rd and thank god I'm nowhere near tired as I was with my 2ndconfused, don't know what I'm having this time but she was a girl and she sucked the life out of me wink. I have a 5 yr old off school holidays and an 11 months old home with me as well at the moment. This pregnancy I'm on now was not planned. But I swear I forget I'm pregnant atm because I'm so busy BUT by god the tiredness, I've just had to ask my husband to take 2 days off work so I can catch up on some sleep. Do you feel any difference from your 1st pregnancy? X

mayaknew Sat 18-Jul-15 16:35:06

My first pregnancy was great I had no sickness or tiredness at all . My second was harder , nausea more then actual vomiting and quite a bit of tiredness but more towards the end .

This time is just terrible . The sickness has eased off a little but the tiredness is getting worse . It's really bad I am starting to get a bit concerned I have literally let everything go sad

I cleaned the bathroom yesterday well superficially really and it was disgusting blush I've been leaving the kitchen for dh to load dishwasher and tidy but he doesn't get in from work til 10.30pm I feel so guilty . He hasn't said anything but I know he's getting tired too .

Cornberry Sun 19-Jul-15 08:21:56

Get your iron levels checked. I had this and turned out to be anaemic. The supplements have helped a lot. Might even be worth just getting a supplemen from the pharmacy in the meantime. The fatigue is so hard to cope with sad

CalypsoLilt Sun 19-Jul-15 10:01:46

I feel like I have wasted the summer; the last 5 weekends I've just mooched around the house, I'm just about keeping up with house chores (not really) and I'm feeling pretty fed up. Hats off to mothers looking after children and feeling like this.

PS I'm taking Floravital liquid iron with B Vitamins

Thanks for reading my moan

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now