Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Illness in pregnancy

(4 Posts)
Megan220715 Thu 16-Jul-15 21:51:53

I'm 6 days from my due date and have come down with a bug. I'm on iron tablets and can't keep them or my food or water down. I've got a temperature of 70 and can't seem to keep my eyes open feel dizzy and keep coughing and sneezing to the point I'm sick. Should I be worried because baby can't be getting the right nutrition while I'm like this. What should I do?

sarkymare Thu 16-Jul-15 22:07:02

As a HG sufferer who has spent the past 26 weeks barely keeping any food or water down I can assure you baby will be getting everything it needs from you before you get so much as a look in.

With that said if you continue to be unable to keep anything down i would go and get checked out as You don't want to become dehydrated, which can happen surprisingly fast.

I hope you feel better soon flowers

Megan220715 Thu 16-Jul-15 22:13:24

Thanks just worried because he (baby) seems to be very distressed because he just won't settle. This is the third time I've been ill during pregnancy and each time it seems to get worse

KatyN Fri 17-Jul-15 08:54:59

This is a BIG IF question, but do you live with your birth partner? You may want to consider what happens if they get the same bug and you go into labour.
I had my sister on alert if this happened!

Hope you feel better soon, it is grim being poorly when pregnant. Hope you crack it soon
K

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now