Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Help with preganvy risk assessment for children's social worker

(9 Posts)
tattyteddy Thu 16-Jul-15 19:46:16

Hello, I'm still waiting for my risk assessment and I'm now 25+3! I think I may get it tomorrow. Can anyone help me make sure what should be included? I'm a front kind children's social worker so do visits to homes etc. thanks tatty

Twinwife Thu 16-Jul-15 20:10:53

Crikey, that's a long time to wait. I'm NHS and we have a standard proforma. The only thing on mine is taking regular breaks, not carrying very heavy objects and not squeezing in so many visits in one day that I may have do e pre pregnancy. We have a robust lone worker policy and it was reiterated that I follow this and do not go on any 'red flag' double handed visits

Bombaybunty Thu 16-Jul-15 20:17:34

Look on the HSE website. They have a template of what should be included.

Bombaybunty Thu 16-Jul-15 20:18:25

And it should include taking your daily commute into consideration.

tattyteddy Thu 16-Jul-15 21:03:58

Thank you for you're replies, I will make it is all included.

Bellabutterfly2014 Fri 17-Jul-15 06:30:27

I'm 21 weeks and work in a college and I filled my form out myself - my manager hasn't even bothered to sit down with me at all!!!

He's extremely busy but I think he doesn't really know how to deal with those situations - I'm mtg with him today ( he isn't based on our site) so hopefully we can go through things and sort something out.

I feel a bit let down - at least with an organisation like the NHS proper policies are in place.

I used the ACAS website to fill mine in which had some really useful advice. I hope it goes well for you.

Bella x

Frolicacid Fri 17-Jul-15 11:22:03

I'm a children's sw employed by the nhs. My risk assessment included things like commute and travel (reducing the amount of driving as I cover a rural area), not lone working in people's homes, protected case load, access to bathrooms (I had hg for 28 weeks) and not being expected to carry loads of files etc.
make sure you get it done tomorrow and that you have written and signed copies. If they refuse, contact hr. It really is late to be doing this.
Best of luck. The next few weeks will fly by for you I'm sure. I only have 4 working days left now - yipppeee!!

jmac88 Fri 17-Jul-15 11:29:37

I think it also really important to speak with your manager about how yiu broach the subject of going on maternity with the service users. And I guess yiu have a pretty noticeable bump now but my manager talked to me about announcing my pregnancy to my clients as many of them may have had children removed.

tattyteddy Fri 17-Jul-15 21:13:46

Thank you for taking the time to reply everyone. I had assessment today so feel lots better x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now