Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

17 weeks pregnant and feeling annoying burning under there...natural remedies?

(7 Posts)
Paoseo Thu 16-Jul-15 19:24:19

Hi everyone,

I hope to find some tips or advices here.
Two weeks ago I went to an outdoor swimming pool. The water was not amazingly clean and so I tried not to go too much into it. Anyway in the evening I started feeling burning under there. A week later I had a vaginal swab at my GP that has come out negative, so it is no thrush and during a visit at the hospital I had my urine tested and there are no bacteria in it.
I do not understand!!
Has anyone else experiences something like this as well? Can I use aloe Vera and tee tree oil or anything like that?
I hope to get some advices! Thank you a lot

Mummybear8 Thu 16-Jul-15 19:38:50

Definitely not tea tree! I accidentally got tea tree down there once...I felt the burn! blush

All I can think of, as a natural remedy, is plain yoghurt. I don't know why it works but apparently it does. (Something to do with the probiotics over throwing bad bacteria when applied directly...) I'd say it's probably very cooling relief too!
Apple cider vinegar is another one which you're supposed to mix with warm water and wash with but I've never tried it.

I heard a doctor quote the other day though, as far as vaginal health is concerned; "if you wouldn't put it in your eye, don't put it on your pie".

What a delightful thought! hmm

Paoseo Thu 16-Jul-15 21:36:59

Thank you! Yogurt! I will definitely try it !
I will see a doctor next week but I have the feeling that with no bacteria or thrush identified gp will not give me so much for this burning!
Thank you for the advice

Cherryblossomsinspring Thu 16-Jul-15 22:15:26

Weird it was negative for thrush. I was in a pool at the weekend and by the next day, I had burning and itchiness which I assumed was thrush. Got worse the next day, unbarable so I cracked open a tube of canesten and boom, with 2 days its cleared. Swimming pools are necessarily 'dirty' but being in the water messes with an already delicate ph down there and leads to thrush very easily. That would be my guess. Try some canesten and see if it helps.

SummerOfLadybirds Thu 16-Jul-15 22:17:48

I wouldn't use aloe vera or tea-tree, might make it worse!

I use a natural gel that's very soothing, it's called something like Bio-Activ and is sold in most big supermarkets and chemists (usually next to the condoms/pregnancy tests or in tampax section). It's all natural ingredients, safe in pregnancy and soothes any burning, discomfort and/or itching. I think it can also be used for thrush or BV as it's meant to re-set the PH balance and has probiotics in it. It comes in boxes of single-use plastic phials, and Boots also do their own brand in a tube.

SummerOfLadybirds Thu 16-Jul-15 22:20:58

Just went to check the box, its called 'balance active', I got it off the shelf at Tesco. Boots brand used to be called 'Biofem Actigel' but I think they changed the name at some point.

Paoseo Thu 16-Jul-15 22:28:13

Oh thank you all! The problem with Google is that news you find around say always opposite things!
I will go tomorrow to the shops and check these products! Thank you all!
I wAs so sure as well it was thrush!
Let's see if I can make it go away!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now