Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

need advice

(6 Posts)
Boofsandboss Thu 16-Jul-15 18:54:15

basically we had a miscarriage last year in November and im desperate to have a baby, we are getting married in march 2017 and i was hoping to start again then but my other half wants to go uni, is it possible to have a baby and him go to uni? would it affect his work?

NerrSnerr Thu 16-Jul-15 18:56:38

For me the biggest issue with going to university and having a baby would be financial. Of course it would be harder to get work done with sleepless nights etc but I would firstly make sure you can afford to live if you want time off with the baby too.

NerrSnerr Thu 16-Jul-15 18:57:21

I forgot to ask that a university's student services should help with giving advice about financing a degree.

Appleblossom82 Thu 16-Jul-15 18:58:10

Will he be a full time student and how old are you?

If you are quite young i'd say wait until you finish your education and settle down/get more financial security. However if you are already living together, working etc and he is doing uni through his work/part time then i dont see why you would need to wait if you both want a baby.

Boofsandboss Thu 16-Jul-15 19:07:56

im 25 at the moment but will be 27 when i want to try for a baby, i dont really want to wait 4 years for his course to finish to have a baby, he wants a baby but he thinks it would be too much during uni

Appleblossom82 Thu 16-Jul-15 19:13:46

I guess see how you both feel at the time.

In my opinion it would be better for you both to feel ready and sorted out income wise as well if possible....but then i am very traditional in the sense that i wanted to be married, own our own home and be financially secure (as much as you can be these days!) before we started a family. I know some people take a more relaxed approach though.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now