Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

movements slowing down

(7 Posts)
mrsatkinson Thu 16-Jul-15 13:57:52

im 32 weeks nearly with twins. their movements have slowed down over the last few days. i have a scan tomorrow but is this normal? im aware there will be less room for them and am hoping for reassurance that movements slow down as room gets less.
went to mat assess centre saturday night because of this and everything was fine smile

Hipotle Thu 16-Jul-15 13:59:24

Call and ask, always call for reduced movements. I did several times and never once was I made to feel like a time waster, and I was told that I was doing the right thing.

BifsWif Thu 16-Jul-15 14:02:30

Always call for any change in movements.

AnythingNotEverything Thu 16-Jul-15 14:07:47

Movements do not slow down. They become smaller, as in rolls rather than punches and kicks, but the frequency should be the same.

Call today and go be monitored. Do not wait until tomorrow.

Doublebubblebubble Thu 16-Jul-15 16:13:09

There is NEVER not enough room for a baby (or babies). This is a dangerous myth!!. My DD 5 was franks breech at 39+5 and had enough room to turn around and engage. (she was born at 39+6) I'm a supporter of count the kicks and their advice and mine is to get any change in movement checked!

mrsatkinson Fri 17-Jul-15 22:17:56

turns out twin 2 has moved to breech hence why i felt reduced movements! they arent reduced, they just arent where i expected them! all is well, despite 2 breech babies and slight weight difference thank the lordy! tha ks for your advice ladies grin

BifsWif Sat 18-Jul-15 18:08:21

Glad all is ok smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now