Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Cot Bed Mattress - Need Recommendation please

(11 Posts)
Lisha01 Thu 16-Jul-15 10:44:37

Hi,

I need to purchase a Cot Bed Mattress for my Mama & Papa cot bed (70x140) but do not know which is best to get, thinking of individual pocket spring.
Appreciate if you can point me in the right direction.

Thank you

MissMartin10 Thu 16-Jul-15 11:07:31

Hiya i haven't bought one yet but im most likley to get one from tesco direct as they are a really good price smile

bigchangesabound Thu 16-Jul-15 11:18:58

John Lewis had some pocket spring mattresses in its clearance sale if that helps...

lunalovegood84 Thu 16-Jul-15 11:26:05

I got Cosatto Springi from Amazon as it had excellent reviews. DS sleeps very happily on it.

Lisha01 Thu 16-Jul-15 11:33:15

Thank you for your input really appreciate it
Someone has also recommended The little Green sheepTwist Natural Latex Cot Bed Mattress Mamas and Papas 400 Size.

Anyone got one of these? How have you found it?

sebsmummy1 Thu 16-Jul-15 11:37:48

I bought my son a really good quality pocket spring mattress and it's lasted nearly three years so far (soon to move him into a junior bed). I got it from Kiddicare in a sale and it's been fantastic.

FraterculaArctica Thu 16-Jul-15 12:52:53

Hi Lisha,

since you asked specifically, yes we have the Little Green Sheep Twist mattress for DS' cotbed - been using it since he was about 9 months (he's now 15 months), after he outgrew first his Moses basket then co-sleeper sidecar. I bought the protective mattress cover too, I figured that if I'm going to spend that much on a cot mattress I don't want wee/sick soaking into it!

It seems fine and fairly sturdy, I've got into the cot myself with DS on occasion! Think the PFB mum in me just liked the idea of a mattress made of more natural materials. It should last him till he's 4 or so, or if we have another DC it should be good for them to use as well (I'd wait till they were past the peak SIDS risk age).

DS is not a great sleeper (though much better now) but I don't think that's anything to do with the mattress!

My only suggestion would be to give a little thought to what you'll do if you get a baby who won't sleep in their cot (I'm guessing you're thinking of purchasing for a newborn since you've put this in Pregnancy), or in fact won't sleep happily anywhere at all - it's stressful if you've already shelled out for one expensive bed, assumed the baby must sleep in it, and then find yourself looking at Sleepyheads, Cocoonababys, sidecar cots etc!

hotcrossbun83 Thu 16-Jul-15 20:14:04

I really like our Jonn Lewis one (think it was £140), it looks so comfy!

Cheshirehello79 Thu 16-Jul-15 20:34:39

I've got mamas and papas pocket sprung - got it on offer and though not used it yet looks very comfy and with the removable cover I'm sure perfect choice

KatyN Fri 17-Jul-15 08:57:37

We were advised to get the cheap one from Jl.. About £40. They don't spend years sleeping on it like adults do. My 3.5 year old now uses his cot mattress as a bed when we go away and there is plenty of life and comfort left.

Queazy Fri 17-Jul-15 16:49:04

I bought ours in the sale from mamas and papas - it was one of the springform ones I think. I figured I'd invest (tho wasn't that pricey) as they'll be in the cot bed for some time. Otherwise, John Lewis is good too.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now