Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

33 week consultant appointment

(6 Posts)
Mummyof2princesses Thu 16-Jul-15 09:28:15

I have an appointment to see the consultant today but no scan booked, do you think they might do a growth scan today during my appointment?

BifsWif Thu 16-Jul-15 09:31:12

What's the reason for seeing a consultant - obviously growth related, but is baby measuring big or small?

I didn't have a scan at the same time, I had a scan the week before I saw a consultant, but she didn't take much notice of the scan results because she said they can be so inaccurate. In my case it wasn't and my baby was over 11lb but that's another story! My consultant just spoke to me about my concerns and asked to see me again at 40 weeks, and at that appointment she booked me in for induction at 40+5.

LumpyCustard69 Thu 16-Jul-15 09:32:05

I have a growth scan booked at 36+3 followed by a consultant appointment. They were both booked together in advance. But there are so many differences between areas, who knows?

Mummyof2princesses Thu 16-Jul-15 09:47:28

Maternal health issues is the reason for the consultant care in my case, we had a growth scan at 26 weeks but nothing was said about it at the following appointment a week later? I have a c-section booked already for end of August.

Rosenwyn1985 Thu 16-Jul-15 12:10:57

I'm on my second pregnancy and have several health problems. First pregnancy I had a growth scan at 28 weeks and consultant appointment too, then another consultant appointmentt 33 weeks. This time it's at 36 weeks for both scan and appointment. Same hospital but the consultant has changed. This doctor is very organised. Had me on a conveyer belt of doctors at 14 weeks, I'm not joking. Went in to see him and he dragged everyone around to see me, I was there nearly 5 hours! Came out with a full birth plan, I'd seem 7 different doctors! The only reason he's seeing me at 36 weeks is to check baby's growth and development and make a final decision on induction, pushing limits etc. I'd say if you haven't got a scan you probably won't have one. My point is even in the same place they all have their methods!

Doublebubblebubble Thu 16-Jul-15 12:27:51

When I had my 20 week scan I was meant to have the scan/consultation together (I'm under consultant because of previous stillbirth of twins) but there was a little mix-up and I ended up having the scan that day and saw one of my consultants minions a week later. For all other appointments I made sure that everything was booked together - no excuses!

Can you not call ahead to see???

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now