Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Baby moving ALL the time - is this ok?

(5 Posts)
seriouslynonames Thu 16-Jul-15 07:39:52

Am 29 weeks. This baby is pretty active but it has been moving pretty constantly for the last 24 hours without much in the way of rest periods. I haven't really been able to work out a pattern as every day seems to be different but there are usually quiet periods. But the baby doesn't seem to have had any quiet periods since the night before last. And it's starting to worry me!
Is this normal?

5YearsTime Thu 16-Jul-15 07:41:10

Any unusual movement you should get checked out!

Topsy34 Thu 16-Jul-15 07:42:52

I would contact your Assesment unit and ask to be monitored, in all likelihood its fine, but increased movment can be a sign of distress, midwives would rather you and be checked than worry or something be wrong

contractor6 Thu 16-Jul-15 11:34:16

31 weeks and I've had a couple of days like this, I realised the pattern is when I rest baby kicks, when I walk about baby sleeps....

seriouslynonames Thu 16-Jul-15 17:55:58

thanks all. i was sitting down for most of yesterday, quiet day at work and then on the sofa at home. so perhaps that was all. today has seemed like a quiet kicking day - which has now worried me!! but if yesterday hadn't been such an active baby day, today would seem normal...
it's enough to drive you crazy!
hopefully all ok... if anything weird happens again I'll definitely call though...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now