Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Workout clothes?

(13 Posts)
babybat Wed 15-Jul-15 15:11:10

Can anyone recommend good maternity gym gear? I've had a look at all the usual suspects websites, and it seems that most of them only really do vests and t-shirts in cotton which I find leave me feeling really hot and sweaty. All I really want is a couple of t-shirts made of a decent coolmax/wicking type material that's not going to leave me feeling really gross!

Choccyhobnob Wed 15-Jul-15 15:31:48

I've just been wearing my usual tracksuit bottoms and lycra adidas gym vest. Haven't been to the gym since I was about 22 weeks but did use the one at a spa last week when I was 31 weeks and the lycra just about still stretched lol

dinkystinky Wed 15-Jul-15 15:39:46

I just used my usual gym vests (from H&M/M&S/Sweaty Betty) until the second trimester - then got a couple of longer looser length tops from H&M for the third trimester and a couple of pair of larger bottoms from sports direct.

Appleblossom82 Wed 15-Jul-15 16:11:02

Dont know about sweat wicking but I highly recommend mothercare's maternity yoga pants. They are the comfiest thing ever!

goldenhen Wed 15-Jul-15 16:25:18

The lack of maternity workout gear is really weird isn't it? I've just switched to wearing American Apparel yoga pants (in my usual size, but I'm only 14 weeks - might get another pair in a size up) instead of my usual Nike gear and they're OK, but I do feel like I'm making do a bit.

charleybelle Wed 15-Jul-15 16:35:34

I've also found it hard to find anything suitable for the growing bump! Top wise I've got some gym vests from primark which are actually brilliant and cheap too! Bottoms is where I'm struggling! Usually wear Nike leggings or shorts but finding they are too tight on my bump now so either having to pull them right over or wear under - I'm 18 weeks so I'm sure this problem will get worse! So if anyone has any good recommendations id love to hear them too!

sleepwhenidie Wed 15-Jul-15 16:40:03

any good? I bought some stuff from a US site, they seem better at it there but of course it's expensive, even if only because of shipping...

NoArmaniNoPunani Wed 15-Jul-15 17:38:08

I've ordered some from here: www.maternityfitwear.com

It hasn't arrived yet so can't say if it's any good

babybat Thu 16-Jul-15 17:41:38

Thanks everyone - it's quite frustrating that so few shops seem to stock anything! Definitely watching with interest for any more advice!

NoArmani thanks - they do t-shirts that look to be just what I'm after! I'd hoped to keep wearing my normal gear, but I've already gone up a bra size and most of my tops are getting too small!

Appleblossom cheers for the tip on yoga pants, will check them out.

misssmilla1 Thu 16-Jul-15 19:18:51

I can recommend the tshirts and leggings from here: www.motherhood.com/maternity/activewear.asp

They're US based, but do international shipping. Not sure how much it is, but they also stock pea in the pod and other big brands, so might be worth it if you have anything else you want to buy.

newbian Fri 17-Jul-15 00:28:49

Sorry to name another US company but I got some great maternity workout tops from Old Navy (part of Gap Inc.) and they ship internationally.

oldnavy.gap.com

Runningupthathill82 Mon 20-Jul-15 23:29:47

If you want to splash out on a couple of pricey but extremely good pieces, Fittamamma stuff is great. Their support vest is described as a "bra for your bump" and its incredibly comfortable. I wear it for running.

Aside from that, I've got some yoga capris and shorts from Decathlon. They're cheap and the fold-down top is really comfortable. I'm also living in baggy Decathlon vests over my usual sports bras for body pump and circuits.

IfYouWereARiverIdLearnToFloat Tue 21-Jul-15 07:28:31

I bought yoga pants from Sweaty Betty in a bigger size and they've been soooo comfy. I also bought a few more of their namaste yoga vests in a bigger size & they've been a good fit with lots of stretch.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now