Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Bleeding after sex - 5w+5d

(9 Posts)
Rose58 Wed 15-Jul-15 11:43:42

Ladies,
Anyone in every pregnancy experienced bleeding after sex? I bled after sex 2dpo - turned out id
Conceived and GP said it was a one off. Had sex last night (5weeks + 5) and bled again. It stopped about 10 mins after intercourse and no spotting today whatsoever. Warning Tmi I'm sorry (!!) - I felt quite dry during inter course.

brickiemum2 Wed 15-Jul-15 11:45:14

Probably just burst a small blood vessel on your cervix. Very common as there is a higher blood supply plus hormones may make your lubrication different.

MarinaCoyle Wed 15-Jul-15 11:52:32

You could have cervical ectropion (a lining of darker cells that usually line the womb which protrude out onto the cervix a little). It's a normal variant and is common in women who have been on the pill. It can bleed a little on contact during pregnancy sometimes. Your GP might be able to have a little look to confirm this.

MarinaCoyle Wed 15-Jul-15 11:53:46

Also it could have been a sort of friction-bleed if you were a bit dry...

The joys of pregnancy eh?

MummyPiggy87 Wed 15-Jul-15 12:25:55

This happened with me, I had a scan at 6 weeks to check out baby was alright. I was put on pelvic rest for two weeks aka no sex for two weeks, booo!! But it's just precaution.

applecore0317 Wed 15-Jul-15 12:27:16

I kept bleeding after sex and in the end abstained until my 12 week scan, all was fine and my six week old is perched on my lap. Worth mentioning at your booking in appointment though.

pinkie87 Wed 15-Jul-15 12:31:36

I did, at 6 weeks. Went for an early scan and all was fine thankfully. Made me a bit nervous about doing it again but I think I just have an irritable cervix. I'm 34 weeks now.

Rose58 Wed 15-Jul-15 13:05:17

Thanks all for reassurance. I'm ion holiday (typical!!) but will visit my GP when we get back to the UK. I was on the pill for 12 years so May be a contributing factor.

lauraa4 Wed 15-Jul-15 15:29:55

I had bleeding after sex at 26 weeks on holiday. I phoned my maternity hospital from holiday and they said it's quite normal if you go a bit too rough!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now