Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

which lucozade for GTT?

(22 Posts)
scarednoob Wed 15-Jul-15 10:37:00

got my GTT tomorrow and I managed to leave the bottle of lucozade that the mw gave me at my last appointment! what should I buy - is it just plain ordinary lucozade? and which size bottle?

thanks!!

chandelierswinger Wed 15-Jul-15 10:39:53

The normal/original "old" lucozade (bright orange!) and <relying on my memory here> a 500ml bottle... although I don't think you have to drink it all! Good luck smile

chandelierswinger Wed 15-Jul-15 10:41:36

Just checked: You need to drink 410ml of it (very specific!)

Airlyeth Wed 15-Jul-15 10:44:41

Do you have to bring your own? No one told me!

Whatabout Wed 15-Jul-15 11:01:45

It's area specific, my local hospital give it out

PosterEh Wed 15-Jul-15 11:05:31

It's the "original" one.

Coolchic12 Wed 15-Jul-15 11:15:33

Hi Scarednob, it's the original and you need to drink 300mls. You mustnt eat or drink anything 2 hrs before your appointment. Drink 300mls lucozade within 5-10 mins. Good luck

Coolchic12 Wed 15-Jul-15 11:25:06

I just saw a post above with a different measurement, I took mine from the leaflet I was given by midwifes, Pineteam Kensington. My appointment is next week and I have the bottle they game me with a marker.

scarednoob Wed 15-Jul-15 11:29:08

thanks all. my hospital did give it to me; I was just a muppet who decided to leave it behind! I have the leaflet which gives timings etc. so original flat lucozade it is - delicious.

scarednoob Wed 15-Jul-15 11:29:52

I'm yellowteam Kensington, think my leaflet says 300ml too - at least I managed to bring that bit home!

thanks again ladies.

Scotinoz Wed 15-Jul-15 11:29:54

Wow! You have to take your own and it's actually Lucozade?! I had some iffy looking green drink with the option of chilled or room temperature hmm

foxmitten Wed 15-Jul-15 11:38:49

Lucky bags! I had vile polycal, which is the consistency of jelly before it sets, and tastes completely disgusting. And I had to have it twice because I had gestational diabetes so they had to check it had gone away. Ugh. I don't particularly like lucozade but it would have been preferable to polycal!

Germgirl Wed 15-Jul-15 11:54:51

Years ago I worked in a lab where we used to take the blood for GTT tests. I was involved in testing out a range of new GTT drinks. They were all utterly vile, incredibly sweet and some of them were thick and jelly like.
Lucozade would have seemed like a treat in comparison smile

natjayne213 Wed 15-Jul-15 15:34:49

My letter tells me 500ml bottle of original.. and nothing to eat and only drink water after midnight.

Was actually a little shocked you have to take your own.

StonedGalah Wed 15-Jul-15 15:44:05

Mine is tomorrow and l was told not to eat after 10 pm.

I'm really going to struggle and am actually worried about this test this time. I'm not big but I'm eating a lot and a mass amount of sweet stuff. If l don't eat l feel sick too.

fanjodisfunction Wed 15-Jul-15 15:45:30

wish I could just drink lucozade for these tests, mine was in a carton that was warm and the consistency of runny honey. it was god awful, surprised I didn't like it up.

not sure if that will be the case this time. being sick alot this pregnancy.

fanjodisfunction Wed 15-Jul-15 15:45:57

sick not like

scarednoob Wed 15-Jul-15 17:40:24

all the thick sweet stuff is making me feel a bit squeamish!

my leaflet is at home, but from memory it seems quite tame compared to some of this - no food in the morning; drink a specific quantity of the lucozade (that they provide for morons who don't promptly leave it behind on the mw's desk like I did); test an hour later.

StonedGalah Wed 15-Jul-15 18:19:17

Test 2 Hours later l was told

hopingforsleep Wed 15-Jul-15 20:08:27

Mine didn't say anything about was eating breakfast etc but was very precise about exact number of ml (can't remember how many more as it was over 2 years ago, haven't had it yet this time round) and how long before test but then appointment was about half an hour late, when I asked the midwife of our mattered that I'd had breakfast or that the timing was now very out she was totally unconcerned so made me doubt it's very exact

ARV1981 Wed 15-Jul-15 20:37:27

I have was told to take a litre bottle of original lucozade and not to eat or drink anything except water after midnight.

I had never had lucozade before the test, and I hope never to have it again.

They measured out about half the bottle for me to drink - not really sure why I was asked to take a litre of the disgusting stuff!

Test came back negative for me. I celebrated with a chocolate brownie...

Frasras11 Wed 15-Jul-15 21:22:10

Had mine yesterday and the drink was provided. Bloody hell, can't believe some Trusts ask you to provide your own.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now