Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Anyone experienced SPD and is this it?

(6 Posts)
theaveragebear1983 Tue 14-Jul-15 20:57:51

Hi everyone, I've had the usual aches and pains throughout my pregnancy, but today I've had the most unusual pain in my inner thigh. It's not excruciating but it's painful and has got worse throughout the day. I feel like there's a tight elastic band running down my muscle and if I stretch it then it hurts- I feel like I need To walk with my knees tightly together. I have done a little google search and I'm wondering if it's SPD, but it doesn't actually feel like my pelvis....could it be? Or have I trapped a nerve or pulled a muscle walking to the fridge ? I'm only 28 weeks so I have a long way to go and the thought of this for 3 months is not appealing. I can't see how SPD could come on and get so bad in just one day.

WorzelsCornyBrows Tue 14-Jul-15 21:01:35

It certainly sounds like it could be, I had that, but the majority of my pain was in the front of my pelvis. Get yourself to the GP, keep your thighs together as much as possible and take it easy.

RoganJosh Tue 14-Jul-15 21:03:55

It's not a place I've ever heard of it occurring. I agree with the advice of keeping your knees together (getting out of car and bed for example) in case it is though.

WorzelsCornyBrows Tue 14-Jul-15 21:08:58

I think displacement of the pelvis can tighten the tendons in the thighs, it certainly happened with me but I don't know how common it is.

theaveragebear1983 Tue 14-Jul-15 21:14:48

Thanks for your advice, I will ring my midwife tomorrow and see what she says.

lauraa4 Tue 14-Jul-15 22:16:56

I am getting pains in my pelvis and hips when I walk to the point where I think I'm walking like a cowboy! I have also noticed over the last couple of days that my thigh muscles are very sore and feel as if i have been doing lots of squats (I haven't!). I have a physio appointment in a couple of weeks as she suspected I had SPD at 24 weeks.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now