Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Stretch marks...ouch!

(20 Posts)
loolah83 Tue 14-Jul-15 18:56:05

I'm almost 35 week and have just started getting stretch marks- underside of my bump and pubic area. They effing hurt....like horrible sunburn feeling. I can't even stand knickers touching them.

Anyone got any wisdom to kill the pain?

Skiptonlass Tue 14-Jul-15 19:33:54

Are you sure they're stretch marks? I'm covered in them in and they're totally painless for me. If you're not sure please check with your GP...

MummyPiggy87 Tue 14-Jul-15 19:43:00

I had them pretty bad and they didn't hurt at all, no one I know who's had them had ever complained of painful stretch marks.

Skiptonlass Tue 14-Jul-15 19:49:48

Op, I may be wrong and in five minutes you'll have twenty posters telling you they had the same thing..if so, then do ignore me smile

But I don't think I've ever heard anyone say that stretch marks are painful.

Will you do me a favour? Google PUPPP pregnancy and look at the images in Google. Is that what they look like? If so, you should see your GP. It's benign but they can help with steroid creams etc.

loolah83 Tue 14-Jul-15 20:10:33

Thanks guys. It's definitely just regular old stretch marks, my midwife had a look at them yesterday and said they can be uncomfortable but that there wasn't much she knew of to relieve it...she said hers felt exactly the same when she was pregnant.

I was just hoping someone had any ideas. clutches icepack to foofal region

mrsatkinson Tue 14-Jul-15 20:13:19

MINE ARE PAINFUL!!! So glad I am not alone. see if you have PEP, Im sure thats what I have. also before that when I did too much or strained or twisted my stretch marks hurt. I too cant stand my knickers resting on them. grin

coneywonder Tue 14-Jul-15 20:14:27

I didn't find most of.my stretch marks hurt but when I started getting them on the underside of bump and on box area they frigging killed. I felt them happen...I even posted a thread on here about it. Haha was walking through a shop and felt 3 electric shock type pains and when I got home there were 3 brand new stretch marks down there. Aloe vera helped mine

loolah83 Tue 14-Jul-15 20:30:10

coneywonder that's exactly how they feel!! Like pube stubble catching in lacey knickers/electric shock!

coneywonder Tue 14-Jul-15 21:32:32

Yes!! I kept telling my OH that I thought my pubes were caught in my knickers. How crazy. I thought I was the only one!

loolah83 Tue 14-Jul-15 21:49:20

Horrible, ain't it!! It's not even like I have that many of them either...just a few really feckin sore ones!!

OhHolyFuck Tue 14-Jul-15 21:51:48

Bio oil! Shed loads of it rubbed in several times a day

katie2bumps Tue 14-Jul-15 22:40:50

Yes to the painful stretch marks! V nippy like having burnt yourself. Can also feel them 'stretching' and will have new red bits yo them each time. 33w with twins so possibly more to go! Palmers coco butter helps a bit!

loolah83 Wed 15-Jul-15 06:05:51

Thanks ladies. I've been slapping on the bio oil since about week 14...I know that what you put on your skin doesn't really stop them forming- they happen deep in your skin where no potions can get at sad I knew (and had totally accepted) that I would get them as I'm a super-pasty see-through Celt but I didn't bank on them being so blahdy sore! Will give the Aloe Vera a lash, I just want it to stop being sore!

I went and bought 'sumptuously soft' gonks in M&S yesterday (£6 a pair!) and they are helping in the "can't-touch-this" ouchiness a wee bit...so I'll grab a few more pairs today.

Megan220715 Wed 15-Jul-15 07:20:38

Wash the underside of your belly then apply cream like moisturiser to it then talc stopped mine itching and hurting. It's the sweat it irates the skin and causes the stretch marks to inflame

WorldsBiggestGrotbag Wed 15-Jul-15 07:30:54

Mine are sore/itchy. Got through my first pregnancy without a single one but this one wrecked me! I've got some palmers tummy butter which I plaster on. I've had the baby now so they don't hurt anymore but are still a bit itchy.

loolah83 Mon 20-Jul-15 19:46:51

I'm pleased to say that the Aloe Vera Gel and M&S 'Sumptuously Soft' knickers combination has been magical. Much less uncomfortable...I've got a couple of new stretch marks further up my belly that I can't feel at all.

That said, it could be that escaping from my sweaty classroom in my greenhouse-like school on Friday might be another contributory factor!

pinkie87 Tue 21-Jul-15 08:34:32

I'm 34+4 and have just started getting stretch marks too, and my belly, especially around the belly button and underside of my bump is pretty sore too. I think it's the stretching. It feels tight/sore/itchy. I may try the aloe vera gel!

loolah83 Tue 21-Jul-15 15:57:13

pinkie87 the aloe vera gel I got in Boots is really good- £7 for a massive squeezy tube. It's done absolute wonders for the soreness. But seriously though, the M&S Sumptuously Soft low-rise shorts have been a godsend too...I find cotton pants are quite rough on the skin and make it hurt more...these are like microfibre and feel amazing.

Zarajohn Wed 22-Jul-15 07:51:52

Hello,
use Bio oil and coconut oil for starch mark. Best for remedies and all possibilities.
Thanks
Zarajohn@

Icklepickle101 Wed 22-Jul-15 14:07:41

Mine really really sting!! sad

They do a coca butter for stretch marks, can't remeber what it's called but boots sell it and it smells incredible and is really soothing, not sure it it does 'reduce the appearance' but the pain relief makes me 1 very happy customer!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now