Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Gender scan

(24 Posts)
MummyOf3Beauties Tue 14-Jul-15 17:56:22

Hello,

This is my first time using Mumsnet, so apologies if it turns out wrong smile

Let me tell you a bit about myself. I am 27 years old and have a 10 year old son and a 6 year old son (I was 16 when I had my eldest but this has not affected his upbringing at all and me and his dad are still together and married and went on to have my youngest son smile I am currently 18+3 days pregnant with our 3rd and final child.

I went for a scan at Babybond in Leeds last night, and the experience was fantastic. It was JustGender scan to find out the sex of my unborn baby. Having had 2 sons already, I had got it in my head it would be another boy. WRONG! They say it is a girl confused. I am finding it hard to believe and wondered if anybody had any idea from looking at the scan if they agree and think it is a girl.

Thanks
MummyOf3Beauties

spnfan Tue 14-Jul-15 22:10:34

I'm currently pregnant with my first and I'm only16 weeks so not had a gender scan yet but according to an app I have that looks like a little girl. grin Congrats!! X

spnfan Tue 14-Jul-15 22:11:38

Attached pics!

lauraa4 Tue 14-Jul-15 22:26:18

Definitely looks like a girl to me. I had a gender scan at baby bond and I'm having a boy and his bits looked very different to that (obviously)! grin

MummyOf3Beauties Tue 14-Jul-15 22:33:14

Aw thanks guys!

Obviously I'd be so happy if it was a boy, but would be nice for it to be a girl as this is my last baby and I'll have 2 boys and a girl.

This is her profile.

smile

MummyOf3Beauties Tue 14-Jul-15 22:34:00

Congrats to you both too smile

mummyneedinganswers Tue 14-Jul-15 22:34:36

I had two scans with babybond both gender as she was being awkward the firsttime they said both times its a girl. And that defo looks like a girl yyour having to me as 3 white lines they say is a girl, here's my scan and if u look close ul see my 3 white lines x

MummyOf3Beauties Tue 14-Jul-15 22:37:02

Aw thanks for your opinion, congratulations to you smile

Frillsandspills Tue 14-Jul-15 23:13:58

Definitely a girl! I had a gender scan last week at 16+4 and I'm having a boy. You couldn't even question it!! congrats flowers

newbian Wed 15-Jul-15 02:10:19

Why is it hard to believe that you are having a girl? It's a 50% chance either way each time. Two previous children isn't enough to decide that you're only geared to have one or the other...

As for the scan looks like a girl to me, I'm having a girl and she looks the same on the ultrasound from that angle.

applecore0317 Wed 15-Jul-15 04:07:23

Laying here feeding my daughter as I type and her scan also showed those three white lines smile Congratulations!

NoArmaniNoPunani Wed 15-Jul-15 04:37:00

Spnfan: 16 weeks is not too early I've just had my baby confirmed as a boy at 16+1 by Baby bond.

MummyOf3Beauties Wed 15-Jul-15 08:58:27

Im aware that people who have boys can go on to have girls and vice versa but I just wanted some opinions.

I will get it confirmed in 2 weeks anyway, thanks though.

MummyOf3Beauties Wed 15-Jul-15 08:59:16

Thanks Thrills and Apple x

newbian Wed 15-Jul-15 09:12:24

Didn't mean to upset you mummy it just seems you are having trouble accepting that the scan is correct and you are having a girl. I'm wondering why that is?

I'm outside of the UK so getting scans every 4 weeks, I was told having a girl at 16 weeks with a scan that looks just like yours and had it confirmed at the 20 week anomaly scan. 16 weeks is not too early.

MummyOf3Beauties Wed 15-Jul-15 09:23:47

No, you didn't upset me, it's just I didn't want to get my hopes up as I would love to have a little girl, I'm outnumbered in my house grin

newbian Wed 15-Jul-15 09:52:51

I think it's a good chance that you will finally not be the only lady in the house smile

pinkie87 Wed 15-Jul-15 11:43:24

A girl for sure!

MarinaCoyle Wed 15-Jul-15 11:56:37

Yep, looks like a girl to me. Three lines; the "burger sign" according to my sonographer!.

MummyPiggy87 Wed 15-Jul-15 12:22:39

Newbian, actually there's a few scientific studies that have been done to show that some men carry more X chromosome than Y, and vice versa. It all depends on genes.
So saying its 50/50 isn't always correct.

Op I understand, I was convinced I would only have boys because it's all I am used to and I couldn't imagine having a daughter! I kept saying no no way no way, I had my 20 week scan so it was double confirmed it was a girl. We are so excited! Congrats xo

MummyOf3Beauties Wed 15-Jul-15 14:09:37

Aw congratulatoons to you too Mummypiggy87 x

Natalieday1 Wed 15-Jul-15 14:15:46

Aw congratulations! I am mum to 3 boys and almost 16 weeks pregnant with my 4th baby (and last) we have our gender scan booked for next week, can't wait! Not bothered if it's boy or girl tho just excited to be able to buy pink or blue grin

MummyOf3Beauties Wed 22-Jul-15 14:56:19

Have you found out whatthe baby is Natalieday1? smile

emmalouise90 Thu 23-Jul-15 08:43:31

Looks like a girl to me smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now