Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

9+5 and terrified of MC due to low progesterone.

(7 Posts)
ldagley1 Tue 14-Jul-15 13:15:21

Im not sure if anyone on here can reassure me (I hope so!!)

A couple of months before I fell pregnant I was told I had low progesterone which was the cause of my irregular ovulation.

I am now 9+5 pregnant, I haven't had any bleeding or cramps and heard the heart beat at 8 weeks but I'm still terrified that I will miscarry due to the low progesterone. I have asked my GP/midwife 3 times to send me for a blood test to check my progesterone levels but each time I am told that my levels must be high enough otherwise I wouldn't have fallen pregnant.

So basically my question is, would I have got this far if my progesterone level was low?

Xx

saturnvista Tue 14-Jul-15 13:20:54

Are you aware that you can have daily injections of progesterone? If you can afford to see a consultant privately then I would.

ldagley1 Tue 14-Jul-15 13:28:29

No I wasn't aware of this. It's something worth looking in to though thank you.

I just wish I could actually find out whether my progesterone levels are low and whether I actually even need a daily injection! Xx

Brummiegirl15 Tue 14-Jul-15 14:49:00

You don't need an injection. I take 400mg progesterone twice daily as a pessary and it's just a normal prescription

ldagley1 Tue 14-Jul-15 15:04:45

Brummiegirl15 - thanks for replying. how did you find out you had Los progesterone and how Pregnant are you? Xx

Brummiegirl15 Tue 14-Jul-15 15:17:51

I've had mine for recurrent miscarriage as I've had 3 mc's in a row.

Progesterone pessaries is a common treatment for recurrent mc so mine were prescribed by my consultant.

I'm 11 weeks pregnant. I've always lost by 8 weeks so this is a revelation for me!!!

ldagley1 Tue 14-Jul-15 15:47:04

That's amazing news for you. Best of luck xx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now