Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Bump keeps going really hard and painful...

(40 Posts)
RockerMummy184 Mon 13-Jul-15 21:06:36

Is this Braxton Hicks? I never had any with DS so no idea what they feel like.
It's so so painful!
I've taken some painkillers and got into bed hoping they ease off. Any other tips?

WorkingBling Mon 13-Jul-15 21:08:11

Sounds like Brixton hicks. I had similar. Was completely shocked she mw said it was bh. smile

WorkingBling Mon 13-Jul-15 21:08:48

Although mine never required painkillers and were spaced far apart. Are you sure it isn't labour?

RockerMummy184 Mon 13-Jul-15 21:13:42

These are quite close together, maybe every 3-4 mins. They last about a minute and then die down. It's had me in tears it's hurting so bad. I hope it's not!

diploddycus Mon 13-Jul-15 21:14:01

How far along are you? I never has them with my first but had them a few times in this pregnancy. Normally after I stand up after sitting for a while. They've never been painful though, just a tightening feeling. If they're coming regularly and are painful is be worried it's contractions.

thatsn0tmyname Mon 13-Jul-15 21:14:07

Braxtons!

BikeRunSki Mon 13-Jul-15 21:14:44

Does sound rather like contractions if so regular. How far gone are you?

diploddycus Mon 13-Jul-15 21:15:10

Every 3-4 mins for how long? That sounds more like contractions!

RockerMummy184 Mon 13-Jul-15 21:19:38

I'm only 26 weeks and having twins. They last about a minute. They seem to get worse when I'm stood up/sitting upright. They've eased off a bit now I'm laid down and painkillers have kicked in.

I was induced with DS and he was back to back so didn't actually get 'normal' contractions or bump pain with him, all my pain was in my back.

Emmalbae Mon 13-Jul-15 21:28:24

Ring the hospital sounds like contentions If the pain is making you cry good luck x

Emmalbae Mon 13-Jul-15 21:28:35

Contractions

westcountrywoman Mon 13-Jul-15 21:34:47

BH aren't usually painful. Uncomfortable yes, painful no. Please call the hospital and get checked over ASAP.

diploddycus Mon 13-Jul-15 21:37:31

I'd phone the hospital too, OP. Especially because it's twins.

SunshinePickle Mon 13-Jul-15 21:39:18

Definitely head up to the hospital ASAP. If you are in labour the earlier they can give steroids for babies lungs the better and if you're not at least you can be reassured.

Cliffdiver Mon 13-Jul-15 21:41:45

If the pin eases when you move position then they are unlikely to be contractions, but I agree with the previous posters who said go to hospital and get checked out if you're worried.

Unappreciated Mon 13-Jul-15 21:45:54

Don't want to scare you, but my cousin had this with her twins and it turned out to be contractions at 26 and a half weeks, they are now 11 year olds and doing fine, but please get checked.

diploddycus Mon 13-Jul-15 21:47:28

Hope you're okay, OP.

UpUpAndAway123 Mon 13-Jul-15 21:50:44

Ring the hospital. Premature labour is more likely with twins. Hope you're OK x

S2b16 Mon 13-Jul-15 21:59:21

Braxton hicks are usually not regular and aren't as close together. I hope you've been to get checked out. I had contractions at 28 weeks with dd2 and after 2 doses of steroids and a few days bed rest I was allowed home. Ended up being born at 40+4 but had to take things easy. Good luck, I hope everything is ok x

WorkingBling Mon 13-Jul-15 22:07:52

Yes, ring hospital and go up immediately for monitoring. Good luck op. Update if you can please. I will worry - it's been that kind of week.

NotATest Mon 13-Jul-15 22:20:43

That sounds a lot more like labour contractions than Braxton Hicks, OP. I went into labour at 29 weeks, and I saw so many twins in the neonatal unit sad. Please, please go and get yourself monitored straight away. Don't wait until tomorrow, don't take no for an answer, and don't let anyone who hasn't actually examined/monitored you fob you off.

youlemming Tue 14-Jul-15 13:22:43

Really hoping all is ok RockerMummy184

DrSeuss Tue 14-Jul-15 13:29:18

Worst BH I ever had we're during Tony Blair's appearance on Parkinson. Coincidence? I think not! (And I'm a left winger!)

RockerMummy184 Tue 14-Jul-15 14:28:29

Thank you for all your concerned comments. Sorry it's taken so long to reply, I'm having a manic day at work!

Pains subsided after I'd had a nice warm bath and I managed to get some sleep. Was fine this morning but the pains have re-started after I had my lunch. Think it might be eating related as they only came on last night after I had dinner.

Hope this doesn't continue.

RobotHamster Tue 14-Jul-15 14:31:23

Please leave work and go and get checked out?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now