Talk

Advanced search

Foul mood

(16 Posts)
Lucy61 Mon 13-Jul-15 20:45:04

I'm 6 weeks pregnant and so far my strongest symptom is a BAD mood. I'm just cross at everything. This morning whilst driving to work, I heard the sirens of an emergency vehicle. I made way as usual but I also shouted out 'everyday you have to have some bl**dy emergency?! The rest of us have places to get to too!'

I'm mortified that I did this. I feel this way when I was pregnant with DS 1 and I'm generally very calm so I'm very aware of this recent change.

Does this go away as pregnancy progresses? Is it fairly common? I'm aware of pnd but don't know much about mood changes during pregnancy.

Lucy61 Mon 13-Jul-15 20:46:10

* I didn't feel this way when I was pregnant with ds1

NoMontagues Mon 13-Jul-15 22:23:52

grin sorry for laughing OP but I think that's hilarious.

Yes, it's totally normal. Well... maybe not shouting at ambulances but general pregnancy rage is very common.

It comes and goes throughout the pregnancy. There was a funny thread last year, I'll see if I can dig it out for you.

NoMontagues Mon 13-Jul-15 22:29:36

It's here:

www.mumsnet.com/Talk/pregnancy/2095978-Anyone-else-got-pregnancy-rage-and-want-a-moan

LillianMakesAMinion Mon 13-Jul-15 22:35:30

This was me the in the early weeks before I even got my BFP - I thought it was just work stress because I was so angry and raving all the time! Like PMS rage times 10.

10+1 and the rage seems to have calmed down now (for now).

chelle792 Tue 14-Jul-15 06:20:35

Ah, hormones are awesome! I sat and cried at the pub yesterday because they'd run out of chicken wings! grin

MissMartin10 Tue 14-Jul-15 10:48:17

i went for a TGI Fridays the other day and i had tears in my eyes when she said there was no sour cream left for my nachos.. i said "well i don't want them then" to her and "should we just go home" to dp... luckly she went and checked and someone had gone and got some... and all was well with the world! grin

scarednoob Tue 14-Jul-15 11:08:55

a few days before I got my bfp, OH and I were driving somewhere. he smokes one of the e-cigs (much to my disgust) and committed the heinous crime of..... dropping it on the car floor.

I roared like Godzilla.

now I'm 28 weeks and I just cry at pointless things. I saw a poorly sick pigeon last night and sobbed all the way to the tube. I think I cried once in the 5 years prior to getting the BFP.

stupid hormones!

goldenhen Tue 14-Jul-15 11:27:22

Always remember the Guardian interview with Billie Piper where she said "I was so vicious when I was pregnant with our son that my husband developed a stammer".

Blackandwhitecat3 Tue 14-Jul-15 11:44:18

Lucy that is totally normal!

Blackandwhitecat3 Tue 14-Jul-15 11:53:34

That's an awesome thread Montagues grin

I discovered yesterday that DH ate my last ice lolly without telling me. There is another packet in there but help his soul, he'll be glad he's the other side of the Atlantic this week!

KateRaeganandMichael Tue 14-Jul-15 12:05:20

This is me all day everyday lol - just had a telemarketer feel the full force of my pregnancy wrath for having the audacity to call at all (normally I'm a meek little mouse lol) I'm currently 28 weeks with a boy but I was a exorcist like nightmare when I was pregnant with my DD! Couldn't go anywhere without being angry - and there was genuinely no reason for it AT all other that being preggo. I apologised to everyone ahead of time when I found out I was pregnant because i knew that this would be happening. Enjoy the rage - you've a valid excuse lol x

Me624 Tue 14-Jul-15 14:39:25

Lucy I am 6+4 and I hear you. No real symptoms yet other than slightly sore boobs but I am seriously grumpy. My colleagues are getting the brunt of it and DH of course but at least he understands why! My colleagues must think I am just a mega bitch! Every little thing is giving me the rage!

Lucy61 Wed 15-Jul-15 18:42:06

I'm so pleased its not only me! I've now started getting teary at all the nappy adds. The pampers one about babies waking for various diff reasons but being wet shouldn't be one of them has me in floods.

MissMartin10 Wed 15-Jul-15 19:03:15

Lucy me too! god I'm an emotional wreck... hehe

3under4 Wed 15-Jul-15 19:34:05

Hi Lucy, I'm 7 weeks and feel the same, in so angry and cross with everything. We had no potatoes tonight, that really infuriated me!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now