Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Oh dear. Please help

(6 Posts)
Unknownlady90 Mon 13-Jul-15 20:10:57

Ok here it goes,
I have a 6 year old, 14month old and my dd is 8weeks old. Yes 8 weeks and I'm terrified I'm pregnant again, we've had sex a couple of times every time we have used protection but I'm so scared that I'm possibly pregnant again.
My last 2 were close together which I love, it took us years to fall with dd1 so assumed it would take the same amount of time, nope within 3 months I was pregnant and we were both over the moon. She's here now all happy and heathy. Wouldn't change a thing.
But, I haven't had a period yet, have only just been able to get our 6week check which is tomorrow so only been using condoms.
I feel achy and have done for the last 4-5 days and each day I expect it to arrive and nothing happens.
I have a terrible achy pain in my lower back and lower stomach. I know these can all be signs, also terrible headaches.
Although I love my babies small and large age gaps, and maybe one day I would love another I'm not sure my body would physically cope with another,I don't know if I could cope with another. It's hard some days, I felt like I was on my last legs and struggled greatly with SPD with my last pg.
am I supposed to have had a period by now? I'm bottle feeding.
Help me please.

applecore0317 Mon 13-Jul-15 20:22:50

I think the first periid can depend on your hormones. I haven't had one and my DD is six werks old but am breastfeeding so I assume thats why. My hormones are still settling and some days I feel like I did in early pregnancy, am definitely not pregnant as haven't done the deed yet.

The only thing to do is take a test.

cookiefiend Mon 13-Jul-15 20:26:47

I don't want to leave you unanswered. I think everyone's periods come back at different times. To be pregnant and having symptoms you would need to have ovulated a couple of weeks ago. I know it is possibly, but not sure how likely it is. Can you take a test? Hope it all works out.

hotcrossbun83 Mon 13-Jul-15 20:28:13

I bf'ed for a monb, expressed for 2 more then stopped - a couple do months later there was no sign of my period (then I went back on the pill). I think your hormones could still be all over the place and it's a jump to assume pg. But still, POAS!

Unknownlady90 Mon 13-Jul-15 20:30:49

Hi, thank you both for replying yes I can take a test but I'm extremely scared of the result. Which upsets me so much, I don't want to feel upset at the thought of being pregnant we tried so hard to get pregnant with our second, makes me feel evil to not want another right now.
I've tried speaking to oh about it and although he sympathises and tries to understand he just doesn't get it.

My Head is going into over drive. I am off to buy a test right now.

ChicaMomma Tue 14-Jul-15 16:28:28

Well, what was the result?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now