Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

How do I clean the kitchen?!

(9 Posts)
ThimbleChuff Mon 13-Jul-15 18:36:03

Hi all, I'm pregnant (10+5) with dc2 and my morning sickness is awful. I'm on medication which takes he edge off it but I'm still vomiting several times a day and get very nauseous.

My main trigger seems to be the kitchen and food smells. I can barely walk into the kitchen without retching. I'm finding it nearly impossible to clean the kitchen, load the dishwasher, put stuff in the bin without being sick. Dh works away a few nights during the week so I can't really leave it until he gets home. Sucking a mint or sweet whilst I do it doesn't seem to help either.

Does anyone have any tips please?!

MummyPiggy87 Mon 13-Jul-15 18:42:10

Ugh I know exactly what your going through, sounds like me at that stage.
I just did it as soon as the sickness eased during the day even just for 5 mins I chucked it all in as quickly as poss, I had the back door open and used to run out gagging lol, don't miss them days!! I really sympathise with you, can you just pay a friend or relative to help you now and then? I did that a few times too x

ThimbleChuff Mon 13-Jul-15 18:47:08

It's horrible isn't it? I'm praying it doesn't go on until 20 weeks like it did with dd. I'll try and think of someone suitable I can bribe pay x

coneywonder Mon 13-Jul-15 18:49:32

Maybe put some vicks under your nose? I had to do that to go anywhere near the restaurant/canteen at work. Bleugh

Cheshirehello79 Mon 13-Jul-15 18:57:20

I had some tee tree oil in a scarp and wrapped it round my nose and did everything- I know the feeling I didn't cook for 3 weeks almost or went out as everything stunk . Good luck I did pass after 3 weeks though

ThimbleChuff Mon 13-Jul-15 19:06:16

They're both good ideas - I like clean smelling things so that might help. I think half the problem is knowing that the smell is there, if that makes sense. Sounds really pathetic doesn't it?!

ThimbleChuff Mon 13-Jul-15 19:08:17

Just realised my nn was one I used recently for an intimate problem. Not my usual nickname! blush

Newtobecomingamum Mon 13-Jul-15 19:17:17

Hi, I sprayed perfume on my wrists and would continue smelling my wrists whilst having to venture into the kitchen or unload dishwasher. Worth a try.

LorelaiVictoriaGilmore Tue 14-Jul-15 08:06:15

I begged my mum to clean the kitchen on a number of occasions and on others I've paid someone else to do it!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now