Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Double SMP for 2 jobs?

(7 Posts)
jmac88 Mon 13-Jul-15 18:00:50

Hi

Just wondering if anybody knows if you can get double statutory maternity pay if you're entitled for both jobs yiu do.

One of my jobs is full time and the 2nd is part time and I've read that I'm entitled to SMP for both but not sure if this means I get double the amount? Or if the 2 jobs split it between them?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

TheGirlFromIpanema Mon 13-Jul-15 18:06:49

Yes, if you meet the qualifying criteria for both you will receive it from each.

See Hmrc here and enjoy smile

jmac88 Mon 13-Jul-15 18:13:10

Great thank you! But how do I know if my national insurance contributions are combined for the two different jobs or not? As then it says you would only get one lot of smp....

TheGirlFromIpanema Tue 14-Jul-15 13:52:14

Sorry jmac, got busy last night smile

It is only combined if you are employed by the same employer for two jobs.

For instance someone might have two separate jobs in a hotel say. One cleaning rooms Mon - Fri and a tottaly separate weekend bar job. This person would only get one smp. Even if they have two separate employment contracts and are paid separately for each role.

If you have 2 separate employers you will get two lots if you qualify in both.

Pm with actual details if its not clear cut and I'll let you know for your specific circumstances smile

jmac88 Tue 14-Jul-15 15:01:56

That's great thanks so much! How do yiu know all if this if you don't mind me asking? You seem very knowledgeable!

TheGirlFromIpanema Tue 14-Jul-15 15:22:21

Its work jmac.

I think most people don't know about quirks like this and it is most definitely a pleasure to share grin

jmac88 Tue 14-Jul-15 16:55:20

Well I am very pleased that you did. Thank you!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now