Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Let's talk pants!

(10 Posts)
whittlefish Mon 13-Jul-15 17:44:02

Ok just getting my hospital bad together and debating what pants to buy. I normally wear bikini ones but do I need full on full briefs for after the birth or will my regular style work? Also how many should I buy and pack?

KatyN Mon 13-Jul-15 17:51:19

Big ones. Maybe a size bigger than you normally wear as maternity pads are HuGE! I would take 5-10 as I bled a lot first time round. Once home you'll be doing so much laundry they'll be clean in a minute!

GlitzAndGigglesx Mon 13-Jul-15 18:01:11

I had bikini style first time but this time I've packed huge Bridget Jones' for comfort and to fit the maternity towels better

scabbycat Mon 13-Jul-15 18:16:02

YY to big pants, so much comfier. After wearing normal tiny pants all through my pregnancy big pants were a post partum revalation. Warning - they might be so comfy you find they try and work their way into your normal rotation...

Poppytime Mon 13-Jul-15 18:51:58

Haha so true scabby! I bought a couple of bigger pants from m&s (midi's I think they are called) in black - they came in v useful when using maternity pads etc. I am about to seek them out for arrival of dc2!

AbbeyRoadCrossing Mon 13-Jul-15 18:54:10

If you unexpectedly have a c section big pants are essential! I'd pack a few just in case

whittlefish Mon 13-Jul-15 18:57:15

That made me chuckle scabbycat.

poppy I was looking at midis and wondering if they would work will have a look. Thanks ladies for the advise. Knowing what to pack in your hospital bag is a bloody nightmare

SnoozeTheCat Mon 13-Jul-15 18:59:25

I was a 16 pre-preg and I bought 2 packs of 18-20 cotton BLACK supermarket "full briefs".

Black so as not to show the blood (the sheer amount of which will be more than you can possibly my predict!) and full briefs to accommodate the maternity pads.

Also - I had to stay in hospital for 2 days, and two 10 packs of maternity pads weren't enough. Take 1.5 packs per day - shove 3 packs in there.

Having said that the hospital maternity pads are ACE.

SnoozeTheCat Mon 13-Jul-15 19:00:32

Rogue "my" in my post above!

Poppytime Mon 13-Jul-15 21:27:21

Ah yes forgot to add about buying a size bigger than your normal size, want them to be comfy and not digging in (you will still have a bump for a while) and I imagine especially if you have a c-section so it doesn't rub etc. they may not look v glamorous but you will grow to love them grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now