Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

37wk MW app??

(7 Posts)
MumToBe2015R Mon 13-Jul-15 17:25:31

Have my 37wk midwife app in about 1hours, wanted to find out what to expect? Do they examine?

I was told at my last app 36wk I would have a appointment once a week from then.

So just really want to know what to expect? If they don't examine themselves, should I ask them to? As I have been told last week baby's head is engaged

MumToBe2015R Mon 13-Jul-15 17:25:50

ASAP PLS X

KatyN Mon 13-Jul-15 17:33:53

I don't think you'll be offered a sweep until 40 weeks so there'llbr nothing internal. You'll probably be measured and the heartbeat listened too. I don't remember mine being any different
K

Nottalotta Tue 14-Jul-15 05:20:26

It should tell you in your handheld notes what to expect. I had mine last week. Well i am between weeks so would have been 36 + 4. Blood pressure, heartbeat, presentation check - still breech, sent for scan. Scan was yesterday and confirmed breech so booked in for elcs.

I think you probably discuss birth plan too normally.

Mamabear14 Tue 14-Jul-15 07:35:05

I had my feeding and birth chat at mine, it took about an hour. I am being swept now, unsuccessfully but that's on consultant orders. Other than that it's normal antenatal stuff. Blood pressure, urine, check heartbeat and position of baby.

Luciferbox Tue 14-Jul-15 16:20:30

The usual (bp, measure bump, urine test, heartbeat etc) & a general chat about how I'm getting on. She checked the position and thought I was breech so booked me in for a scan (tomorrow). Next appointment at 39 weeks.

MumToBe2015R Thu 16-Jul-15 00:24:02

Had the appointment, (BP, urine & babies HB) we were out in 15mins

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now