Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

pain in lower left side, not pregnant.

(17 Posts)
leahcevans Mon 13-Jul-15 09:12:12

hi, so i stopped the pill sometime last month, had unprotected sex the day after i stopped my pill since then we have been using protection as we decided we would wait until after we get married in september. I had a period 2 weeks after sex so thought i wasnt pregnant. straight after my period i have been having a pain in my lower left abdomen. It is 13 days after my period now and i am still getting the pain sometimes it goes sometimes it is like a sharp stabbing pain. Any ideas what this could be? I have done a pregnancy test and it was negative. I cannot get an appointment with my local gp. They are shocking and i can never get in. Any help? And please dont say go to the gp because i have been trying for 2 weeks since the pain started.

Also to add, i am very tired all the time, having wierd dreams (not sure thats relevent) and very bloated stomach.

Thank you

coneywonder Mon 13-Jul-15 11:57:23

I used to get this when I ovulated. Some people feel it some people don't but u have a definite pain there and sometimes it would be enough to make me tar painkillers.

Does it hurt more when you walk around? If it is ovulation pain you will find next month you will get the same pain on your right side. Being on the pill means you don't ovulate so you wouldn't have noticed it before that's what my gp told me anyway

bunny85 Mon 13-Jul-15 12:07:51

Yes, I used to get this too. I did go to my gp who sent me for an ultrasound, which confirmed it was just an ovulation pain. It happens on one side and is very sharp, as you describe.

leahcevans Mon 13-Jul-15 12:45:53

I thought it could be that it just seems stranges its happened since my period so for 13 days. Thank you

SaulGood Mon 13-Jul-15 12:52:29

You won't be having ovulation pain for 13 days.

I know you don't want me to say it but you must ring your GP up and insist on appointment. You have been in pain for a fortnight and you are experiencing bloating. Those symptoms warrant a once over. What do they say when you ask for an appointment?

It might be your body settling down after the pill but you do need to be checked over imo.

bunny85 Mon 13-Jul-15 13:32:48

SaulGood, I know it sounds strange but I used to have it for a long time too, and asked my GP about it - he said ovulation pain can last longer if the ovary bleeds a little after the egg has come out (if I remember right).

LorelaiVictoriaGilmore Mon 13-Jul-15 13:36:18

Ovulation can result in a cyst which would cause a lot of the symptoms you are describing. You're not going to be able to get a proper diagnosis without seeing a GP . . .

SaulGood Mon 13-Jul-15 13:48:38

Even with the associated pain from the blood afterwards, ovulation pain should never last that long.

If ovulation pain lasts for longer than 3 days then it needs investigating as it can be an indication of other problems (most commonly ovarian cysts, endometriosis and adhesions but there are other reasons too).

Regardless of whether the root cause is gynaecological, a fortnight of pain and bloating does warrant medical attention imo.

leahcevans Mon 13-Jul-15 14:21:05

Thank you all. I couldnt get an appointment. I habe to ring on the morning to get an app. But everytime i do there booked. Ive said i need to speak to a doctor and they said best they can do is get a doctor to ring me tomorrow evening. Seriously need to change doctors but they wont let me go to a diff one wothout a form saying im leaving that one. Ill ask the doctor for it tomoz i think x

SaulGood Mon 13-Jul-15 14:48:40

That's strange. Has your current surgery told you that? Here you just go to the surgery you want to be registered at and they do it for you.

I really hope you get some answers. We have same day appointments here but I've never known them not have one available. If necessary the GP stays late and sees anybody who can't be fitted into normal hours.

leahcevans Tue 14-Jul-15 15:37:31

Hi. Just an update. I have an appointment tomorrow they think by what i have described it may just be a water infection. Although ive had systitus before and it didnt feel like this x

SaulGood Wed 15-Jul-15 22:46:10

How did you get on?

leahcevans Thu 16-Jul-15 07:24:38

Im waiting on an appointment now for an ultrasound. She recons i had a cyst on my ovaries that might have ruptured. not looking forward to the ultrasound after she described it..putting a camera up inside to see whats going on. sad ill let you know what happens. Still getting pain although its more like cramps not really pain.

Topsy34 Thu 16-Jul-15 07:47:13

Im guessing an internal ultrasound? I had one after a miscarriage and it really isnt that bad, th scanner they use is quite thin and its just uncomfortable when they twist it about.

They may we do an external one first.

Just ask a few questions before the sonographer starts

LorelaiVictoriaGilmore Thu 16-Jul-15 09:04:04

I've had lots of internal ultrasounds as I have been getting ovarian cysts for the best part of 10 years. If there is nothing there, it really doesn't hurt at all. If you do have a cyst or a ruptured cyst it will be uncomfortable when they press on things but not that bad. Also, they usually don't have to spend that long looking so it's over pretty fast. I hope everything goes ok!

leahcevans Thu 16-Jul-15 12:07:20

Thanks guys. Im still waiting on a call for an appointment. Im just started taking some tablets she perscribed buscopan. Im taking senokot aswell as she said it may just be severe constipation. I wouldnt know because ive never been constipated. So im kind of hoping its just constipation although i will feel pretty silly if it is just that. She did say its probably not because the pain is in the same place. But im sire ill find out soon enough. Thanks for all your help. X

leahcevans Fri 17-Jul-15 13:28:11

Doctors could take up 6 weeks to ring me and then god knows when for an appointment. This is getting ridiculous. I hope if it is a ruptured cyst 6 weeks or more isnt gonna do any more harm to me. Im so pissed off.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now